Joe X Posted June 12, 2014 Report Posted June 12, 2014 If you want to take the least depth possible this is the sort of layout that can achieve that, the port can be rather inefficient so it has to be done really well, also the following can be harder to build: Using a simple L shaped port a box can be done in 9" d or so.
Clos Posted June 14, 2014 Author Report Posted June 14, 2014 would this be something that could work with L port and driver facing up or is the box with the labyrinth looking port any better for the driver? thank you
Clos Posted June 15, 2014 Author Report Posted June 15, 2014 ok started to try and learn to use sketchup and realized my last design could not work so i tried another let me know what you guys think.
Joe X Posted June 15, 2014 Report Posted June 15, 2014 To keep it short I will just give my take of a least height, least depth box for that sub:
Clos Posted June 15, 2014 Author Report Posted June 15, 2014 Thank you joe x, that looks really good I'm gonna mock it up to see how it would look in my trunk, just curious what issues you see in the last one I did, I'm trying to learn a little more on ported boxes.
Clos Posted June 15, 2014 Author Report Posted June 15, 2014 JOE i put in the dimensions of your design into torres cal and i got a different outcome, am i doing something wrong?
Joe X Posted June 15, 2014 Report Posted June 15, 2014 I was yet to reply to but is better that you realized this yourself, the calculator fails estimating port displacement, this becomes relatively more important in some cases: If you calculate the internal base area of the box I posted you will find it's 184.5 square inches, multiply that per the internal height of 8" and you get 0.854 cubic feet less 0.1 cubic feet (it's states in their site 0.08 but actually is 0.1) for driver displacement you get 0.754 cubic feet net internal volume, so the true net volume is miscalculated by Torres. The second issue I found relates to port area which is rather low if you intend to go full power with the sub so that is increased in the sample I gave you.
Clos Posted June 16, 2014 Author Report Posted June 16, 2014 Thank you for clarifying it for me Joe, is there any big differences if the driver is facing up and port back or should I have both face up,
Joe X Posted June 16, 2014 Report Posted June 16, 2014 Try to fire everything forwards or backwards to avoid rattling your trunk lid / rear deck. You may or may not experience significant rattling with that small box firing up, you will need to test if you are really curious.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.