Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer Loading/Unloading


MrBigs63'

Recommended Posts

Posted

Okay guys, here lately I have been trying to figure out exactly what these two concepts mean. I have tried searching around on google, but all of the answers are just a little bit vague and never really gave me anything that I don't already know.

So sill someone please explain to me, what is subwoofer loading/unloading? Please feel free to add any other info on the subject if you would like. I am just here to soak up a little knowledge.

Posted

I'm probably in a similar boat, but to my understanding, loading is when the sound waves created by the driver reverberate off a hard surface and amplify/reinforce one another. Proper loading is critical for optimum performance.

Unloading on the other hand is when the is a lack of damping/back pressure for the sub(s) and so they will loose control and bottom out easily. I always think of unloading in terms of ported enclosures and how subs behave when asked to play below the tuning frequency without a proper subsonic filter.

That is my understanding, or misunderstanding, of the two terms.

Posted

Thanks man. That helps some.

It amazes me that I see people talking about these things all the time, but we have no more input here.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3394 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...