Mechman Alternators

Voltage Issue on my 97 Explorer

Agreed. The opti is doing well for my doors. The audiopipe can't really keep up, but since the crescendos are up higher, and I leveled the amps out, they sound pretty even. Same here, I've seen guys who swear by the brands they have installed, and when it's time for a demo, all I can do is :roflmao: The tweets came with their little black plastic capacitor box. I remember opening one up, but forgot what frequency I saw in there. Those Dayton caps work wonders on tweeters... Can make a $20 pair of tweets sound almost, if not, as good as higher end tweeters.

Edited by DeeBoy718

5b040b40-2648-4fcb-a73d-d280e83c399e_zps

1997 Ford Explorer
Head Unit: Pioneer AVH4400BH Double Din
Avic-U260 Navigation Unit

Doors:
2x Rockford Fosgate PPS4-8- Front
2x Rockford Fosgate PPS4-8- Rear
4x McLaren MLT-2 tweeters

Amps:

Audiopipe APDL20001D- Bass

Audiopipe APCL-6002 Mids

Audiopipe APCL 1004- Highs

Sub Stage:
2x JBL P1222 dual 2 ohm coils

Electrical:
Mechman 270 Ho alt
XS Power D3400-Up Front

2x XS Power D1200- Rear

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192815-finally-built-my-4th-order/

Thankfully, that hasn't happened to me! I'm quite humble about the little bit of "dabbling" that I do. I don't boast simply because I know I have a lot to learn, and for the same reason you just stated....would hate to be talkin shit and have something in my ride take a dump on me!

1997 Ford Explorer

Doors:

Amps:

Audiopipe APCL-6002 Mids

Sub Stage:

Electrical:
Mechman 270 Ho alt
XS Power D3400-Up Front

2x XS Power D1200- Rear

Yep, I've never been too eager to show off anything,even back when i did have a reasonably decent setup. While I was confident in it working properly, I've always been a little leery of showing strangers anything I have that may be of interest to them.

My current setup, I driving a 99 Cavalier RS coupe that I put a Sony DSX-S200X HU in, replaced the blown sounding aftermarket Sony 6x9s that were just "sitting" in the rear deck under the rear deck cover (no wonder they sounded like shit they weren't even being held in place securely) with some Pioneer TS-A6983R 6x9's I had from my previous car (had to make some mounting rings to put them in, used particle board, but it's all under the deck cover so no one can tell), and then an Infinity Reference 1260w I bought to put in a JL HO enclosure but opted out and put it in a sealed enclosure within specs, powered with an Alpine MRD-M605 with is wired up using an 8GA Kicker amp wiring kit and (had to go look at the package) Streetwires ZN2.0 patch cables.

It works.

The front speakers sounded fine, more or less, when I go the car, but then the front right developed an issue, at times (not too often) it distorts as if it's blown. So, I decided I'd buy some speakers for the front. I have a pair of Alpine SPS-46C2 components I bought years ago for my Corsica but never used and for some reason, decided not to use them yet again. Instead, I bought a set of Alpine SPS-610C components. Figured I make a bracket to mount them and then switch out the rear speakers again, this time to the set of Alpine SPS-69C2s I have sitting in the closet (also from my planned system update in the Corsica I no longer have) and amp them, just not sure which amp I should use, I've got (4) of them to choose from. then depending on that, I'd need to settle on which of my sub setups I'd use as well as which mono amp.

The more I think about it, the more I don't want to mess with it. LOL

So, I have mediocre sound in my car currently and I'm just... dealing with it.

Oh, and if I were to replace everything as I said, I'd have to swap out the HU as well, which I have Pioneer DEH-80PRS that's been sitting in my closet now for over a year, probably close to two. Bought it just a couple months after it hit the market.

I'm horrible, I just keep buying more and more car audio and paintball equipment but don't seem to get any use out of most of it.

Belt slip, huh? I definitely had some slip when I first had the alt installed. My mechanic gave me the option of either getting a slightly smaller belt, or replacing the smaller pulley on the mechman with the pulley from my stock alt. We changed the pulley, and the slip (and squeak) was gone. I understand that mechman uses a smaller pulley in order for the alt to charge faster. Could this possibly be contributing to my issue?

You should have left the smaller pulley on. And replaced the belt with a smaller one. That is most likely your voltage issue.

truthsayer

I had another member tell me the same thing. I'm putting the pulley back as soon as I get a chance to pick up a smaller belt. You have a DEH-80PRS just sitting in a closet, Weigel? I've heard nothing but great things about that HU. Sounds like you need to dig in that closet, dust it off, and get it in and playing! That'll likely jump start you into changing out those mediocre components you said you're dealing with.

1997 Ford Explorer

Doors:

Amps:

Audiopipe APCL-6002 Mids

Sub Stage:

Electrical:
Mechman 270 Ho alt
XS Power D3400-Up Front

2x XS Power D1200- Rear

Yeah, I have it as well as an Alpine CDA-117 (didn't like it). Also have a CDA-9833 and then some cheaper HU's sitting around.

Here's a couple photos of the majority of what i have sitting around (the easier stuff to get to). Don't feel like really digging to get everything out, if I can even find everything. Think I'm beginning to turn into a hoarder. LOL

IMG_1427_zpsf473c6d2.jpg

IMG_1428_zps2ffa37f8.jpg