33hz Posted June 13, 2014 Report Posted June 13, 2014 theoretically , with the same power, same vehicle if i ran two sealed over 1 ported (tuned for music not SPL) would i be able to just EQ the desired fq response and get relatively the same output/performance out of the dual sealed set up? I know there is probably a lot of factors to consider but I'm asking this in the most general sense. Thanks Basshead not audiophile
James Crabb Posted June 13, 2014 Report Posted June 13, 2014 I don't see why not.....Theoretically speaking!!!!!!!
James Crabb Posted June 13, 2014 Report Posted June 13, 2014 With the 2 are they getting the same rms as the 1 or is it divided between the 2
Weigel21 Posted June 13, 2014 Report Posted June 13, 2014 No, I don't believe so. Port and sealed setup perform differently. Granted you could theoretically get similar SPL levels produced, the sound/performance will be different.
White Lightning Posted June 13, 2014 Report Posted June 13, 2014 With not knowing specific driver(s) and amplifier(s) and their perspective specs, the vehicle in question, and your actual desired output ... there is no specific way to answer your question ... This can only be answered by trial and error ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
33hz Posted June 13, 2014 Author Report Posted June 13, 2014 Yeah at this point there is no amp/sub(s) in question just an idea for my next set up. I have a feeling there is potential to shock a lot of the people in my circle of friends & acquaintances that have never heard a loud sealed set up. Basshead not audiophile
33hz Posted June 13, 2014 Author Report Posted June 13, 2014 @james crab Yes, say 2000w rms to 1 sub Vs 1000w rms a piece to the pair Basshead not audiophile
33hz Posted June 13, 2014 Author Report Posted June 13, 2014 The vehicle is a vw gti and the space is limited to about 3ft^3 either way. Power is 2k rms Basshead not audiophile
White Lightning Posted June 13, 2014 Report Posted June 13, 2014 Yeah at this point there is no amp/sub(s) in question just an idea for my next set up. I have a feeling there is potential to shock a lot of the people in my circle of friends & acquaintances that have never heard a loud sealed set up. If you are looking for definition in music, I would suggest either that would work with driver application. I'm a Sound Quality competitor with ported and tuned enclosures. However, I really enjoy a well built sealed sub stage setup like I did in my Son's truck. But if you are looking for a "Loud" setup, then I would highly suggest a ported and tuned or banpass style enclosure setup, no matter how many drivers you plan to run. One driver verses 2 drivers ... Just too many variables needed to make any decisions without everything I listed in my other post. If you are in the first stage(s) of your build ... You need to think about your budget for this build, your vehicle's electrical and sound deadning before making any product decisions ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.