Second Skin Audio

1 ported vs 2 sealed + EQ

33hz

theoretically , with the same power, same vehicle if i ran two sealed over 1 ported (tuned for music not SPL) would i be able to just EQ the desired fq response and get relatively the same output/performance out of the dual sealed set up?

I know there is probably a lot of factors to consider but I'm asking this in the most general sense.

Thanks

Basshead not audiophile

With not knowing specific driver(s) and amplifier(s) and their perspective specs, the vehicle in question, and your actual desired output ... there is no specific way to answer your question ...

This can only be answered by trial and error ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Yeah at this point there is no amp/sub(s) in question just an idea for my next set up.

I have a feeling there is potential to shock a lot of the people in my circle of friends & acquaintances that have never heard a loud sealed set up.

Basshead not audiophile

Yeah at this point there is no amp/sub(s) in question just an idea for my next set up.

I have a feeling there is potential to shock a lot of the people in my circle of friends & acquaintances that have never heard a loud sealed set up.

If you are looking for definition in music, I would suggest either that would work with driver application.

I'm a Sound Quality competitor with ported and tuned enclosures. However, I really enjoy a well built sealed sub stage setup like I did in my Son's truck.

But if you are looking for a "Loud" setup, then I would highly suggest a ported and tuned or banpass style enclosure setup, no matter how many drivers you plan to run.

One driver verses 2 drivers ... Just too many variables needed to make any decisions without everything I listed in my other post.

If you are in the first stage(s) of your build ... You need to think about your budget for this build, your vehicle's electrical and sound deadning before making any product decisions ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived