Second Skin Audio

Need A New Box Design For My Btls

if i go down to 8cu ft isnt that gunna be way to small...they recommend a minimum of 5cubes for each sub...

and the port is 42.5x5x17.5

I persoanlly would stick with the size box you have and just make sure you have no air leaks, Make the box as smooth as possible (resin) to allow maximum air flow etc and have a higher tuneing.

so does anybody know how much i should cut the port down to bring the frequency higher?

well we first got to figure out how u miscalculated in the first place in order to give u an exact number to cut off. so tell me how many braces and the length and width of each brace, also the outside measurements of ur box so i can try to figure out how much space u really have more than likely u forgot to account for bracing subs and other stuff that takes up space which could have thrown the tunning off. so help us out with more info please

well we first got to figure out how u miscalculated in the first place in order to give u an exact number to cut off. so tell me how many braces and the length and width of each brace, also the outside measurements of ur box so i can try to figure out how much space u really have more than likely u forgot to account for bracing subs and other stuff that takes up space which could have thrown the tunning off. so help us out with more info please

the box is 29deep, 24 height, and 44 wide

and i have one 2x4 goin top to bottom between the subs

Avic N1

rockford 400.4

type-r comps all around

(2) 18" Fi BTLs fully loaded

11 cu ft. vented box 34hz

(2)RD Audio 1750.1

(4) optimas

the box is 29deep, 24 height, and 44 wide

and i have one 2x4 goin top to bottom between the subs

ok i will try help u out as much as possible, and i def think ur box can use some major imporvements 1 2x4 bracing isnt going to cut it with 2 60lbs+ subs. i say use way more bracing and use some resin and 34 degree every corner in ur box.

if i go down to 8cu ft isnt that gunna be way to small...they recommend a minimum of 5cubes for each sub...

and the port is 42.5x5x17.5

Which dimension is which?

If it's 42.5 x 5 area at 17.5 long it should be ok but if it's 5 x 17.5 area and 42.5 inches long then it's going to suck for numbers but play down to like 20hz.

Also 3/4" mdf is NOTHING to a couple of 18" subs, they will just laugh at it. You need to get some bracing in there BADLY. I had 1 12" sub off 1500w and it could flex a 3/4" box with a 1.5" baffle like it was made of rubber.

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Which dimension is which?

If it's 42.5 x 5 area at 17.5 long it should be ok but if it's 5 x 17.5 area and 42.5 inches long then it's going to suck for numbers but play down to like 20hz.

Also 3/4" mdf is NOTHING to a couple of 18" subs, they will just laugh at it. You need to get some bracing in there BADLY. I had 1 12" sub off 1500w and it could flex a 3/4" box with a 1.5" baffle like it was made of rubber.

the port is 42.5x5 and 17.5 long...i know i need to do more bracing but wat i need to figure out is how much i need to cut the port down too..to bring my frequency higher

Avic N1

rockford 400.4

type-r comps all around

(2) 18" Fi BTLs fully loaded

11 cu ft. vented box 34hz

(2)RD Audio 1750.1

(4) optimas