Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

port help


Recommended Posts

Posted

I suggested a 250 setup that will work on stock electrical, I would recommend staying in that power range, maybe 700-800 so that you don't need heavy electrical upgrades because that's where expensive really starts.

Posted

So even a 600 w amp and I nice 2ohm dc will blow my current setup outta the water? Because 250$ isn't all that much. Only take me a week or two to save that up. Or work next Saturday and I'm all set

Posted

Yeah, I'd not waste money on the current setup, but if you can tell me the dimensions of the current enclosure, I can calculate it's internal volume. there may be a decent chance you can seal up any holes drilled in the enclosure, add a little polyfil, get the gain set properly on the Sony, and be good. Well, as good as you can get with the setup. Tossing $10 into sealing up the enclosure and putting polyfil in the enclosure isn't a huge waste of money.

A more powerful/better amplifer "MAY" help out with the current Kenwood, but I wouldn't be expecting miracles. Still, a better amplifier would be needed for a better future setup, so...

Posted

Right on, and after the amp upgrade I'll upgrade the sub as well. But for 300$ wish on new amp and sub. It will be considerably louder and cleaner correct? Rf 600w and what would be a couple sub's that would sound good with that?

Posted

It could well be considerably louder and cleaner, the potential for such would sure be there, it's just depend on the subs and even more so, the enclosure used.

What is your music preference? Need to find out if ported or seal would better suit your taste in music.

Also need to know how much room you have to devote to a sub setup, as a ported enclosure for a couple 12's can easily take up all your cargo room.

Posted

Yessir, Maine. And music wise, rap. And for the time plan on sticking with one sub. And maybe a rf p3 or p2 fit the sub. Would that do the trick out an I just paying for the name and could get just a nice sub fur cheaper? Any reccomendations? With the 6-800 amp?

Posted

Set a budget to fit sub and amp, bear in mind you can get some selling your current stuff.

Posted

Since you are looking to go ported and want loud, may not be a bad idea to look into Souqubed for some lower cost subs that can provide reasonable performance.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2395 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...