Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Does the enclosure seem to big? Alpine Type R 12.


Recommended Posts

Posted

At that size, the power handling of the sub would be dramatically reduced, the sub may well perform much like it were in an infinite baffle.

Good point.

I also designed one that I will double check with Torres Calculator but is supposed to be 2.3ft3 and tuned to 32hzs. How do you guys think that would run? I can post pictures if wanted

With the power you running just make the box slightly larger than recommended and you will be fine. So nothing over 2.5cubes

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

1.75 is what i would do. you want a sub that gets low get the Fi sp4

Oh believe me, I'm saving for a bigger amp & subs. Money is My issue.

Pioneer DEH-X6600BT

(1) Rockford Fosgate R1200-1D

(1) Alpine 1242D 12" Type R ported 32-35hz

Posted

At that size, the power handling of the sub would be dramatically reduced, the sub may well perform much like it were in an infinite baffle.

Good point.

I also designed one that I will double check with Torres Calculator but is supposed to be 2.3ft3 and tuned to 32hzs. How do you guys think that would run? I can post pictures if wanted

With the power you running just make the box slightly larger than recommended and you will be fine. So nothing over 2.5cubes

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

Most definitely, as that enclosure is but a generic design meant for reasonable performance with a wide range of subs, it's not designed with that Type-R in mind nor your wants. A custom built enclosure is always going to perform better than a prefab.

Posted

its a prefab with not enough port. build one with bigger port and you will be happy. it looks like the port is 1 inch lol

Don't get me wrong you can here it coming up the street but like I said...

Pioneer DEH-X6600BT

(1) Rockford Fosgate R1200-1D

(1) Alpine 1242D 12" Type R ported 32-35hz

Posted

its a prefab with not enough port. build one with bigger port and you will be happy. it looks like the port is 1 inch lol

Don't get me wrong you can here it coming up the street but like I said...

Pioneer DEH-X6600BT

(1) Rockford Fosgate R1200-1D

(1) Alpine 1242D 12" Type R ported 32-35hz

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3159 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...