Second Skin Audio

POWERBASS 3XL15" (the one with orange X on cone)

It's Me

From just reading powerbass's description It made me think It was a load of crap. According to their description class D amps heat up voice coils 3 times hotter and faster than class AB. Never heard that before, I think it's a fat load of BS. They also say they use special industrial glue to handle the heat because other subwoofers are torn apart from class D amps. Again, I have never seen or heard of a class D amp tearing apart a subwoofer.

"Dude the more your sub weighs the more watts it puts out"

From just reading powerbass's description It made me think It was a load of crap. According to their description class D amps heat up voice coils 3 times hotter and faster than class AB. Never heard that before, I think it's a fat load of BS. They also say they use special industrial glue to handle the heat because other subwoofers are torn apart from class D amps. Again, I have never seen or heard of a class D amp tearing apart a subwoofer.

I was reading that too, here is my take on it. Up until now we (powerbass) have been building subwoofers under the assumption that you will run one of our amps with it. Since we have found that our customers may have a decent amp that can put out what our amps claim at max we had to build our new line of subwoofers using materials similar but most likely not equal to some of the higher end subs on the market. Hopefully you will not tear these subs apart.

To answer the OP's question, there are better subs out there by far, if you have not purcyhased one of these yet please don't. If you already own one make the best of what you have or upgrade. Can it get loud? Possibly. Will it last? No way to tell unless you try it out. Rule of thumb though, if you can buy it at your local flea market it is most likely not very good quality.

i bought one on craigslist for way cheap. i have it in a 4 cube box, with a 6 inch aero tuned to 30hz. i have had it in a few different cars, and it gets down pretty well. i have ran it on a jbl bp1200.1, or a apsm1500 and have had no problems at all. if you get it cheap it would be worth it. i dont know what i would compare it to, but it has a huge spider, and a tall surround and a decent throw. if they blow, you can have psi build them into a pretty badass sub

these orphans aren't going to feast on themselves

Archived