Sonic Electronix

so im asking this just to try and expand my knowledge in the audio world,

heres the situation: my old setup was 2 15s dual 4 ohm on a brz1200.1d wired to 1 ohm. at full tilt i was getting a pretty good voltage drop.

my new set up is a hdc3.118 on the same amp but at .5 ohm and now i dont get voltage drop untill about 55 htz and its not as bad as it was with the 15s.

the question is, why would i get voltage drop at 1 ohm and not at .5

your box rise, someone will probably link up the thread

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

i figured box rise was the reason for it to drop at 55 htz but anything lower and it wont, i can hit 20 htz full tilt with the headlights on and its fine. thats what im trying to figure out.

inless that all has to do with box rise in that case cool, i would like to see that link though

Different sub, different box. Box rise is dependent on frequency

See here for a sample image of box rise

vented_box_impedance.png

i'll be honest i have no idea what any of that means. im not asking for you to explane to me inless you feel the need too, i dident think the sub would impact voltage a side from impendence but like i said im here to learn. clearly i got some research to do lol

x axis is frequency, y axis is impedance.

Ignore all the labels and just look at the curve of the graph itself. Box rise can change drastically depending on frequency.

Every system has a different impedance curve. More than likely you are dropping voltage on high notes because your box rise at that frequency is less.

Archived