Michele Notarangelo Posted June 18, 2014 Report Posted June 18, 2014 Hello everyone! I'm a guy that soon turns 18! I'm Italian so forgive my English! I follow you for a long time and your popularity for voastri projects is very high! I follow you and steve meade for a long time now! I've already made other plans for subwoofer box, but I would think this is perfect! Looking to buy a Alpine SWR12D4 (1000 rms) .. I have problems with the programs for the construction of the box. my trunk has a width of 33 inches, a width of 17 inches, and the height of 6 inches. Now you ask yourself that it is impossible! I know! I thought I'd build it this way http://it.tinypic.com/r/dqgqox/8 the remainder of liters remaining to recover this additional box .. Finally, I would like to grant the box on 36 hz with a pvc pipe .. thanks a lot in advance to all those who will give me a help. hello to everyone!
hammiethebasshead Posted June 18, 2014 Report Posted June 18, 2014 what kind of room do you have to work with for the side box? once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem. You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
Michele Notarangelo Posted June 18, 2014 Author Report Posted June 18, 2014 is a single box. need to add the missing fuel at the box below.
mothra Posted June 18, 2014 Report Posted June 18, 2014 even at your max dimensions that you gave it's only 1.2 gross volume. you need to reconsider and get a smaller sub if nothing changes, nothing changes You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know
Michele Notarangelo Posted June 19, 2014 Author Report Posted June 19, 2014 Ok, I'll do the box of 55 liters including the subwoofer in, then 2 liters less. I would like to tune the box to 36 hz! if the tube is 6.29in (16cm) it has to be long? Or 5.51in (14cm) in this case what should be another long?
daimer Posted June 19, 2014 Report Posted June 19, 2014 Can you post a picture of your trunk? With space this small, it will be hard to do anything. You have 53-55 litres, but that's not the volume for the sub. The wood, the woofer and the port take place so you end up with a box for a 10" ported or 12" sealed. I don't even see how you could mount a sub in that enclosure. If you use 3/4 inch wood and one baffle, you end up with ~5 inches of mounting depth. The mounting depth of the Type R is more than 6 inches... And you should leave at least a couple of inches for the subwoofer to "breathe". The pole vent of the sub has to be at a distance from a wall, too. My humble build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192602-corsa-b-daily-build-with-12-ground-zero-new-box-in/ Single Zv4 Rev.2 15" on a 10k amp: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/201434-my-reviewtest-of-the-zv4-rev2-15/
noobslayer77 Posted June 19, 2014 Report Posted June 19, 2014 i think you're sub alone is too big to fit in the trunk. if you're set on alpine, check out their shallow mount line. you could probably get 2 12'' subs with 33 inches width available. and probably go sealed 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 2 13w7s skar 3500 cnf mids (soon) xs batteries
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.