brent379 Posted June 18, 2014 Report Posted June 18, 2014 I'm the process of rebuilding my series 6th order and need help with porting the rear chamber. When I first built it I did the chambers backwards lol. Oops. Had the 3 cube section ported into the 1 cube section with a single 4" aero. When I played it out did ok until it would start to hit a low note. Then....for lack of a better term...it just washed out. So now my new plan is rear chamber is about 1.2 cubes porting into about 2.5 cubes. Completely different sub and port placements. Front chambers port is 13x5x8. I was thinking of running a 3 inch aero for the rear chamber but it's going to have to bend. Question is...is a 3 inch aero to much port or not enough port for the rear chamber? This box is just a mess around and try something box For a type r 12 I bought for 40$ a while back lol
CleanSierra Posted June 18, 2014 Report Posted June 18, 2014 Not enough port. Which subs? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted June 19, 2014 Report Posted June 19, 2014 A 3" aero port is 7" of port. What frequency are you tuning rear and front chambers to? Rear low, front one octave above right? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
brent379 Posted June 19, 2014 Author Report Posted June 19, 2014 Yes sir. Rear I want to tune to 27-28 and front is at 60
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.