confused about dual voice coils.

So I have a soundqubed hds315 with their matching 1200watt amp. It has 2 terminals for the speaker wire. Never done this before... How do I wire it to 1 ohm?

So I have a soundqubed hds315 with their matching 1200watt amp. It has 2 terminals for the speaker wire. Never done this before... How do I wire it to 1 ohm?

Did you buy the Dual 2ohm sub,if so then follow the wiring diagram posted above.

If not then you can still follow the wiring diagram posted above, but the best you can do is a 2ohm final load.

When wiring the sub to the amp just pick one positive and one negative,it doesn't matter which one because they are wired together internally.

Yes I have the 2 ohm model. that diagram confuses me because I thought all inputs need to be used.

Shouldnt two more wires be in that diagram? A wire connecting the 2 positives to each other and one connecting the 2 negatives?

there are 4 wires in that diagram.

Each + is hooked together.

Each - is hooked together.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Well just tried connecting the wires up and no wayI can fit two 12 gauge wires in one input. Is there any type of adapter I can get or do I need to get smaller speaker wire?

Archived