Nikitaaa Posted June 20, 2014 Report Posted June 20, 2014 Hey guys, I have some custom made recones by PSI. Accidentally I told them I have a generic 8 spoke basket that looks like this for my HDC3 motors. But I actually have a newer V8 basket that looks like this. I emailed AQ and they told me that the coils will just sit higher and it won't effect performance but it will limit travel a bit. My question is: wont less travel effect performance?? 2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX (4) Sundown Audio X-8's (2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's (3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries (1) Mechman 240 3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunkTEAM NWSPLBest termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 classBest termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class155db outlaw
Nikitaaa Posted June 20, 2014 Author Report Posted June 20, 2014 yes So you think I should suck it up and get new baskets? As long as they still hold their own for burps I dont care if I can't play quite as low. 2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX (4) Sundown Audio X-8's (2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's (3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries (1) Mechman 240 3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunkTEAM NWSPLBest termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 classBest termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class155db outlaw
audiofanaticz Posted June 20, 2014 Report Posted June 20, 2014 I dont know the landing heights on both baskets, or even if they call for the same size spider. But if one is higher than the other (which is potentially sounds like), your voice coil will sit up higher in the gap, which means there are less windings in the gap so when power is applied the woofer will not move out as far (or even possibly jump the gap). If you just ordered your PSI recones, chances are they are not built or started yet and he maybe able to make adjustments before its too late. It would really depend on how things line up with the drop in recone sittings in the the woofer on a clean basket to know if it would cause a lot of issues or not.
Bump4life Posted June 20, 2014 Report Posted June 20, 2014 buy correct baskets or switch up recone height. will they work? yes. will it be optimal no. do it right. Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/ MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136 MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/ My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 BMW M340 xDrive Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4... Best Scores out of a trunk 153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz 154+ windows down, 155+ kick
Nikitaaa Posted June 20, 2014 Author Report Posted June 20, 2014 Thanks guys. Thats what I needed to know. Unfortunately the recones are already made and coming Saturday. I will measure how far the coils sit into the gap and if its to different, I will buy new baskets. Hopefully they will be the same, but probably won't be. Next step is to find the correct baskets. Any idea where I can get them? When I emailed AQ asking about baskets, the told me what I mentioned above and that the recones will work. So I guess they don't have any. 2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX (4) Sundown Audio X-8's (2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's (3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries (1) Mechman 240 3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunkTEAM NWSPLBest termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 classBest termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class155db outlaw
audiofanaticz Posted June 20, 2014 Report Posted June 20, 2014 aq has baskets, any woofer manufacture that offers recones usually has baskets unless they are out of stock at the time.
Nikitaaa Posted June 20, 2014 Author Report Posted June 20, 2014 aq has baskets, any woofer manufacture that offers recones usually has baskets unless they are out of stock at the time. Appreciate it. 2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX (4) Sundown Audio X-8's (2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's (3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries (1) Mechman 240 3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunkTEAM NWSPLBest termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 classBest termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class155db outlaw
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.