JakeBoucher Posted June 21, 2014 Report Posted June 21, 2014 Hey everyone, I have a 92 Ford Explorer I need to upgrade/update my door speakers. I have 15 year old JBL door speakers powered by a Cerwin Vega amp. It's around 40 - 50 wrms to each speaker. The JBLs have lasted a long time and I don't have any negative feed back. They are old and don't like the power of an amp vs an HU. So I'm kinda looking for the best bang for my buck type of deal. Im budgeting around $120 for four 6X8s. This is kinda what I'm looking at right now. What do you guys think? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001P88U12?cache=aea79a944a304551e7057dddcb0bbeb4π=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&qid=1403373328&sr=8-10#immersive-view_1403373550748 If anyone has good experience from similar priced 5X7 or 6x8 speakers please let me know! Thanks "Dude the more your sub weighs the more watts it puts out"
bcbrassard Posted June 21, 2014 Report Posted June 21, 2014 Those Punch speakers are pretty good for the price if you want direct replacement. I installed 2 sets of them in a 09 ranger powered off a PBR300x4 @ 85 watts per ch. DD-1'd the amp and set crossover properly and these speakers sounded great. Now i also sound deadened and sealed the doors and pods behind the seat and i know that really made these speakers come to life. It was a budget build just under a grand that included new HU, 2 RF amps, 4 P683s, RF R10 sub in a reg cab. Lots of good 6x8s out there but i was happy with these. Good luck.
JakeBoucher Posted June 21, 2014 Author Report Posted June 21, 2014 Thanks man. I just wanted some direct feedback. I think I will go ahead and order them. "Dude the more your sub weighs the more watts it puts out"
g2shuck Posted June 22, 2014 Report Posted June 22, 2014 can you fit a 6.5 by chance? 2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk Sky High OFC Wiring DC Power 270 XP Alt AQ 2200 Sub Amp Two DC Level 4 m2 12s 80 Mil Murdetmat Gathering Parts For Wall Build. Team DC Audio 2014 Member
JakeBoucher Posted June 22, 2014 Author Report Posted June 22, 2014 Yes I can, but I already ordered the Fosgates. I'll leave my feedback on them when I install them. "Dude the more your sub weighs the more watts it puts out"
JakeBoucher Posted June 26, 2014 Author Report Posted June 26, 2014 Got my speakers. They installed easy and fit perfectly. Have not been able to give them a full test yet because of work. They seem bass less though, I'm not expecting to much from them either. Maybe I just need to tune my amp better, but kick drum on rock is unheard. "Dude the more your sub weighs the more watts it puts out"
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.