Second Skin Audio

Underseat box SVT Raptor

Pro7

Good news kind of, atleast not what I was expecting. The skeleton I made fits perfect under the seat, does not require it to be lifted at all. By the time you make a box with 1/2" or 3/4" mdf and leave atleast 1.5" for downfiring if not around 2 you have right around 4" mounting depth which limits back to most shallow subs not including Sundown's SD line which are closer to 5". What I didn't expect was that by slightly angling the front like I did which flow with the seats angle I'm 90% sure you can front fire any 8" you want. Here's pics of a 2012 DC M2 8" behind the skeleton.

Downfiring, just remember you need to subtract atleast 2-3"s for wood and baffle clearance.

3455192A-1C60-42BA-B68C-078E7260C20A.jpg

But what I didn't expect

55AF24AE-C010-4110-B104-1A8AD7A6E7D8.jpg

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

What are the outside dimensions of your skeleton? Also one thing to watch out for is those latches on the bottom of the seats, they stick out farther than anything else. You may have already accounted for them, just an FYI.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Hell yeah dude! That's fuckin perfect, I would love measurements

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

Even better to save you math. If you build it exactly like the dimensions out of 3/4" and miter as shown in this pic the area of airspace is 62.71 inches. Simply multiply your box inner box width for cubic inches.

I have a full box design for sketchup for a single 8 inch with 1 cube net and a 4" aero tuned to 37. Tuning can be changed without effecting much, a 3" aero will tune lower easier. I'll upload it tomorrow. Can I share files from dropbox?

F150CrewCabBox-2.jpg

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

I'd do a 3" Aero port for 1 and a 4" for 2 8s.

Are you firing the port towards the door or forward?

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

Side firing the port. A 3 inch would work fine but I like port area. Ran a 6" for a 12 and wish I could have fit a 8". Sundown, soundqubed, or DC 8 should handle a 4" aero just fine. Only 12 inches port by doing so.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Go ahead big box big port gonna be loud. And there's still room to add a 2nd 8 if you wanted and run them inverted.

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

Archived