Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Design help


Arnold55

Recommended Posts

Posted

Whats up guys, need help designing a new box. I have built a few but didn't have much luck with the sound. Hoping some of you can share your knowledge.

I have some old subs laying around I want to put in my daily.

The box is for 2 12" kicker cvr, 07cvr124

and I will be ordering an amp soon. It will be either a planet audio bb2500.1 or bb4000.1

The biggest box I have had in the trunk is :w32" d17" h17"

thanks in advance

Posted

What kinda price range are u looking for amp wise? I wouldn't put more than 750w per sub on those daily tho.

2006 Hyundai Sonata Lx

- Alpine CDA-9885

- Rainbow CSX Comps

- (2) 12" Sundown Zv4

- Sundown 5K

- 4.6ft3 @ 33hz w/ 6" aeros sealed off in trunk

- 250a Singer alt, Kinetik 1400, (2) 2400s

- 150.4 @ Dash as of now

Posted

What kinda price range are u looking for amp wise? I wouldn't put more than 750w per sub on those daily tho.

about 250-300 max, wasn't really planing on spending much on this. I was going to run them at 4ohm and gains low. Maybe upgrade to some soundqubed subs later.

Posted

Planet Audio quality isn't exact the best out there by any means.. It'd be worth it long term to save up a few extra bucks and find a solid 2k amp or so that does roughly 900-1000+ @ 4ohms so you can run it on the CVRs. In the proper enclosure they can get the job done in the mean time while you save up for better woofers, which it seems like you're doing already. Get on the good ole google machine and check all the big name CA websites for what they have floating around in your price range plus keep an eye on the classifieds for used amps from reputable sellers.

On that type of wattage i mentioned I'd run something in the neighborhood of 2-2.25ft3 per woofer tuned in the low 30s w/ 12-16in2 of port per ft3 on airspace. If you're gonna be running more power than 1k between them I'd shrink the box to roughly 1.75 or so per w/ same tuning/port area parameters.

Have u downloaded Torres box calc? If not I would and play around with sum numbers to familiarize yourself more w/ ported setups and how u can tweak them to get what u want out of your setup.

2006 Hyundai Sonata Lx

- Alpine CDA-9885

- Rainbow CSX Comps

- (2) 12" Sundown Zv4

- Sundown 5K

- 4.6ft3 @ 33hz w/ 6" aeros sealed off in trunk

- 250a Singer alt, Kinetik 1400, (2) 2400s

- 150.4 @ Dash as of now

Posted

Planet Audio quality isn't exact the best out there by any means.. It'd be worth it long term to save up a few extra bucks and find a solid 2k amp or so that does roughly 900-1000+ @ 4ohms so you can run it on the CVRs. In the proper enclosure they can get the job done in the mean time while you save up for better woofers, which it seems like you're doing already. Get on the good ole google machine and check all the big name CA websites for what they have floating around in your price range plus keep an eye on the classifieds for used amps from reputable sellers.

On that type of wattage i mentioned I'd run something in the neighborhood of 2-2.25ft3 per woofer tuned in the low 30s w/ 12-16in2 of port per ft3 on airspace. If you're gonna be running more power than 1k between them I'd shrink the box to roughly 1.75 or so per w/ same tuning/port area parameters.

Have u downloaded Torres box calc? If not I would and play around with sum numbers to familiarize yourself more w/ ported setups and how u can tweak them to get what u want out of your setup.

I haven't ill have to check it out. thanks for the input man

Posted

I found one you designed a while back on here, would that work

Definitely the box 17x32x17 is too small, the other box would work but if you give your max dims for your car I could draw something that fit nicely, same specs.

Posted

I found one you designed a while back on here, would that work

Definitely the box 17x32x17 is too small, the other box would work but if you give your max dims for your car I could draw something that fit nicely, same specs.

dang really, thats the biggest box that will fit in my trunk opening. and thats with me having to remove a trim piece for the box to go in. I was also thinking about somehow doing a 4cuft box with 1 8inch aero port. thanks for all the help man

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2871 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...