well my tahoe got towed last night for supposedly being double parked....what tha fuck ever ok i payed the money to get my shit out and drive it home then pull in and try to put it in park and it feels like the tranny is fucked. it wont shift out of drive. anyone know what tha fuck is wrong? i tried calling the towing company all i get is a fuckin answering machine. can't believe this shit

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Well they prolly towed it from the front if i had to guess and it might have fucked something up in the rear end since it would have been towed in park

sorry to say i garuntee they did, they did it to mine before but didn't have any bad results

15" LMS Ultra

AB VFL 200.1 3kw+ rms@ 1 ohm <-- 500.1 in near furture

3.5 cubes at 34 hertz

2 Exide Orbital's

200 Amp EA Alt

125 sq ft BXT

how would i connect the linkage back on the tranny. i was told that might of been what the wrecker did when he towed it was disconnect the linkage.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Be more specific.

The shifter won't move out of drive? Or, it moves, but the truck stays in drive?

Weird, because if it's stuck in drive, the engine shouldn't crank. (P/N safety switch should prevent it from cranking because it's not seeing it in Park or Neutral)

But yes, it certainly seems something the towing company did. Good luck getting anything out of them...I wouldn't even bother trying.

store_logo_sig.jpg

Sure, but car shop bills also say "not responsible for damage..."beyond our control", people get free repair or reimbursed for "stolen" items all the time. Then again...a towing company is different. I doubt they'll admit any damages, or they'll just tell you "sorry-can't help you"

store_logo_sig.jpg

the shifter moves freely its stuck in drive...wont start. but why did it shift into drive in the first place. im not paying for this shit to be fixed. i'll get a lawyer before i do that. good thing im buying another car in a couple weeks.

edit.....i did get a call back from the towing company about an hour ago and talked to the guy and he said it sounds like the tow driver just disconnected the linkage. let me get ahold of him and ill give you a call back.

so he sounded like he wasn't giving me teh run around...yet

Edited by power-fanatic07