Cj Kumz Posted June 28, 2014 Report Posted June 28, 2014 Hey people, need some advise for a daily pounder for a single 9515i dual 1 ohm powered by a sundown saz-3500d. Wanna know what the best net volume is for this sub on this amp??? And if I should run 2 ohm or 0.5. The reason I am asking is I hear people talking of up to 7 cubes for a single sub and yet others pound at as low 3.5 cubes. Any info will be great. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Smoove Posted June 28, 2014 Report Posted June 28, 2014 It really depends on what kind of range you want. There is no simple answer. 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
Cj Kumz Posted June 28, 2014 Author Report Posted June 28, 2014 Ok i get it. So wouldn't a 7 cube box be too big for like around 2000 rms? Since most people say bigger boxes have less power handling Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Smoove Posted June 28, 2014 Report Posted June 28, 2014 Also a big 7cube box ( made up numbers ) might only hit well from 22-43hz where a 3.5cubes might hit at 28-51hz. But the 7cube box might be loudest at 37hz on a TL. Power handling is not the only factor, rise also makes a difference ( AMM-1). And yes power handling is a major factor also. 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
Cj Kumz Posted June 28, 2014 Author Report Posted June 28, 2014 Great info man. So on average in my case 4 - 4.5 cubes should do ok with 2k - 3k right?? Will do a proper box later after I get all info right lol Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.