Second Skin Audio

ZVX 18 box problem

OP as before even if you mod the box you may find that the motor will hit the rear deck in the slanted mounting position, make sure you can actually fit the sub before going into any modifications.

Joe X, I measured the trunk already and sub will fit without problems so next weekend I'll mod the box (in the week I'm in the military school so can't even look the car lol)

by shortening the port it made a big difference but still it seems that it's tuned to low. I hope that with the angled mod will hit harder.

A doubt I have is that the box will have like 18 sqin per cuft... should I shrink the port to get to 16???

Thanks to all for the help you guys have gave to me :)

You will be fine. My current box is at about 17.5 sq inches and it sounds great. Let's us know how it goes. Happy buildind :)

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

ok, this is the final design

caja183_zps84e8f9cd.jpg

4.7 cuft, 16 sq per cuft, 1:1 ratio port, tuned around 37hz.

will start to work on wednesday because that day I'll be pledging allegiance to my country's flag and after that I will have 1 week of vacations :)

anyways I'll keep you guys updated with my progress :D

i like that type of box, tuned in !

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Hey guys, I'm almost done with the box

I already modified it and tested it... what a difference, it sounds and feels like another subwoofer.

Now I'm sanding the box and adding bondo to smooth everything.

gonna use primer inside the box and truck bed paint in the outside.

will upload pics in 5 more hours.

Hey guys, I'm almost done with the box

I already modified it and tested it... what a difference, it sounds and feels like another subwoofer.

Now I'm sanding the box and adding bondo to smooth everything.

gonna use primer inside the box and truck bed paint in the outside.

will upload pics in 5 more hours.

Great man. Will be waiting for the pics. Glad you happy :)

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

ok, sun went out and I don't like working at night because of the noise of my tools, will continue tomorrow, still needs more bondo and smooth the corners, I did apply primer inside the box to seal the mdf (I read somewhere that mdf tends to breath)

after the exterior is ok, I'll apply primer outside and then paint it with truck's bed paint.

here's some pics

IMAG0872_zpsiwicnofs.jpg

IMAG0873_zpstpcnoiir.jpg

IMAG0874_zps9uzmebhd.jpg

IMAG0875_zps8eauzd0a.jpg

IMAG0876_zpstgqny3s9.jpg

IMAG0877_zpsrse4ich2.jpg

how big is that box?

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived