Second Skin Audio

ZVX 18 box problem

i love it! looks great!

i couldn't disagree more about the tuning. but if you like spl thats great! my box will be 29hz and hope it doesn't play past 40hz but that's what makes us different!

i really really like that box design. it sure would make my life easier if i did something like that instead of building in my trunk.

I'll be doing 5.5cubic foot tuned to 29hz for a 15.

smoke em if you got em!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I hope you'll have one hell of mid stage AJ, because I don't know of a lot of mids that will dip down that low. You'll have a good gap where there SHOULD be sound but it will be absent. Unless you're planning on small subs in kicks or doors.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

my previous sub stage was a VVX15v2 in a 3.2 cuft net tuned to 29hz, it played the lows with authority and went up to 60hz.

now I don't know if it's because of the low fs of this zvx18 but I tuned to 29hz and I could barely hit 40hz and 15hz was like my doors wanted to explode, but that's when you have to ask yourself, am I going to listen to a lot of music with that low hz?? with the tuning I've now I'm ultra happy, it plays lows (20 hz) and high lows stupid loud, it flexes everything and I only wish I have a 3000w rms amp to feed this beast.

• 2 weeks later...

If you double power you wouldn't win that much output and would cost heavily, system efficiency is where you can improve your output and keep expenses limited. If you are liking it right now keep it for a while, you can easily end up broke for a few extra dBs.

Archived