Sonic Electronix

Upgrade to a 12 that can handle more power.

don't think I'm trying to start a pissing match or anything like that. nothing but love here. and a few months ago i would have thought a 150 was good. but not no more. after seeing a kid do a 144 with 2 8s on 200w that went out the window. now a 150 on music different story .

ok back to the op. with fi subs you really can't go wrong. the bl is a amazing sub! very loud low and clean. I'd say 2.5 cubes around 33/35hz. they have no issue playing below 30hz. if anything i hear that they play to low. they can also take more then rated. i wouldn't recommend it tho. if your looking for sq instead of spl look into the fi q. I've heard so many great things about them. the bl and q are the same price.

so depending on what you really want they have something for you.

if you want deep low bone shaking bass get the bl she put it In a the biggest box you can. if you want a good Mix of real low bass and great sq get the q and go vented without the high q option. now if you want a pure sq build with a Lil sacrifice on the lows(not much but some) get the q with the high q option and throw that btch in a sealed box.

these aren't exact I'm Just giving you An idea how the subs will react.

if it were my money. fi bl 12 2.8cubes 6inch aero port 33hz on 2,000w but thats if i was looking at fi subs. the cooling option adds (i think) 300/500w rms to the sub. i remember reading that here somewhere. and the cf dust cap is just for looks. the other options i really can't help you with. all i can say is they truly are great subs. and hurting the low end might not be a bad thing. because they smah dem lowwwz! the sub wil take a month.to get to you tho. there custom built. i know waiting is the hardest part. I've been waiting on the ct EXO for 3/4 months now... sucks!

sorry to get off track.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I am mostly leaning toward the Fi for the cooling and daily driver options. I dif read something that the cooling options could affect low end, anyone agree/disagree with this? I have been abusing this Type R and it has finally had it haha, nice little pop coming from it when low freq hit. Wish I didnt blow this thing i like the SQ of the sub. I am goin with the BL12 for sure, with a flatwind for higher power cap. I guess my only questions left are for the cooling options. If anyone could shed some light on that it would be appreciated. Probably order the sub sometime next month. Still looking for ideas for a ported box with the dimensions i gave last post if anyone has built one or has any suggestions for the BL enclosure lemme know. Thanks errbody.

Anyone know what the universal option is?

Dual 2 ohm coils are usually thicker then dual 1 ohm because the winding is longer for more resistance, the bl has a tight gap between the coil and the motor. Let's say you buy a dual 1 ohm FI BL without the universal option, that means only the dual 1ohm coil (re-cone) will fit because the motor gap is optimized for the d1 coil.

BTW, the FI BL is a good sub. And gets pretty loud,it walks all over the fiQ in terms of raw output,but most likely the FI-q will slap that bl silly in the subsonic frequency's and in the sq territory. 18mmXMAX<28mmXMAX

I am def looking more for SPL. You say the sub will hit low 30's no prob... Then shouldnt i tune around 30hz? If i do tune that low would i be losing some of the higher freq?

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4
1/0 Knuconceptz Power/Ground

1/0 Sky High Big 3 Upgrade
Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

I am def looking more for SPL. You say the sub will hit low 30's no prob... Then shouldnt i tune around 30hz? If i do tune that low would i be losing some of the higher freq?

the lower you tune the upper bass freqs will roll off sooner.

tuning is soley up to your discretion once the box is in the cabin, the game changes.

Not sure who your quoting. But if your staying in the 40-50hz territory then go with an fi bl. 30-40hz go with fi-q. Both will for sure get down at enclosure tuning. Its just a matter of choosing the right application. You Dont want to tune too low with an fi bl, you will be very limited at low frequency's with a tight handling short coil 18mm driver.

Thanks for all the info. Now I am torn between the two haha. I like lows, but i do like to hear a sub jump around to diff frequencies well too.

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4
1/0 Knuconceptz Power/Ground

1/0 Sky High Big 3 Upgrade
Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

the best way to describe the dif between the 2 is the bl will be louder... but the q will.sound better doing it.

its almost impossible to choose. only advice i Can give is YouTube. watch both subs and try and see which one you want. i know vids only show so much but you'll see the power of them and get a idea of the sq.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff