I was doing a little research on my Ruger P85 9mm semi-auto pistol. This gun was first issued in ’85. Mine is an ’89 model that I purchased used the same year. I learned that there was a safety recall on this gun that I wasn’t aware of until last week. Evidently the gun can discharge with the safety engaged if it is dropped in a certain way that causes the firing pin to break in a certain way. I contacted Ruger and they told me they would update the gun to Mk.II specs by replacing the firing pin and safety mechanism at no charge to me. What’s more they even paid for FedEx Express shipping… both ways. I sent the gun back last Friday and it is set to be delivered back to me tomorrow morning. I thought that was pretty impressive considering it’s a 25 year old gun that I'm not even the original owner of. I wish more companies had CS like this.

2011 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L 4x4 Ext.-cab

"Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think."

Ruger is and always has been great with their CS . Glad to hear they're hooking you up brother

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I was doing a little research on my Ruger P85 9mm semi-auto pistol. This gun was first issued in ’85. Mine is an ’89 model that I purchased used the same year. I learned that there was a safety recall on this gun that I wasn’t aware of until last week. Evidently the gun can discharge with the safety engaged if it is dropped in a certain way that causes the firing pin to break in a certain way. I contacted Ruger and they told me they would update the gun to Mk.II specs by replacing the firing pin and safety mechanism at no charge to me. What’s more they even paid for FedEx Express shipping… both ways. I sent the gun back last Friday and it is set to be delivered back to me tomorrow morning. I thought that was pretty impressive considering it’s a 25 year old gun that I'm not even the original owner of. I wish more companies had CS like this.

the reason they are so eager to fix the gun is because in its defective state, if someone gets killed ruger can lose alot of money. they arent necessarily trying to please the customer (you, in this case) , they are avoiding a potential lawsuit.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Archived