Brightest / most expensive headlights I've ever seen.

You know those lights on high end cars? They have HIDs, still with me? Good.. Those HIDs (like all HIDs) come in a projector to not blind other drivers? Still on the same page? Yea he has extra LEDs that might not be needed but who are you to judge how he spends his money? That's right u can't... I can't stand how people rag on other shit cuz they can't afford it or don't like it.. I've built a set of these lights, well I tried and fucked them up I know I had about 500 in parts (not an eBay hid kit) including projectors. I sent them to someone after having to buy new housings I paid about 400 and I didn't have rigid industries LEDs and I'm at almost 1,000 now. They're aren't cheap they ARE perfectly safe/legal.. Rigid industries is like the RF of led lighting everyone who's looked into lights have heard of them.

Not towards you Orion. To REH saying they are blinding to other drivers.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

So, basically just a HID retrofit with some LED strips added in... with some mini LED fog lights thrown inside also?

heres a list of parts, i had another person tell me how unimpressed they were with these so i showed them the prices of the individual lights, these are not auto zone leds haha

2x rigid srq spot $228

2x rigid srq flood $228

2x rigid d2 hyperspot $298

oracle plasma glow halo kit $220

8x oracle 4" amber led strips $180

4x oracle 4" white led strips $90

2x oracle 16" dual element strips $174

2x D2S morimoto bi-beam mini $315

black housings $200

which equals out to $1933 for just parts then there is shipping to Alaska and labor.

Didn't respond to the question, and nobody asked about a price list (very inflated prices at that). And a lumen =a lumen, if it cost $50, or $500 it still remains the same amount of output. So then, a retrofit with some LED's stuffed in there. Way overpaid, but LED headlights are nice. But if it's putting out an extreme amount of light then it's more than likely very blinding/distracting to other drivers regardless of how properly it's aimed/how much it cost to make. Even properly aimed lights get aimed in oncoming drivers eyes when bumps, hills, etc come into play. There's a reason you can't go and buy a 500w direct swap.

Edit~ Also see on the inflated price list there's labor on there, you said your buddy built them himself... Did he pay himself labor?

he didn't build them for himself, they were for a customer, he is a rigid, oracle and morimoto dealer, so he got the less at less of a price but thats what they would cost you at regular price from the companies.

all the lights aren't on at all times, just low beams when driving in night traffic, most of the time just halos and strips would be on. but if you want to see very good at night on the roads here in alaska who cares if they are too bright for other people? they aren't meant to be on all the time. why the hate man?

they are for people who like being over the top and don't want to have stock boring lights. i suppose you don't like hids and are afraid of bright things?

last2.jpg

You know those lights on high end cars? They have HIDs, still with me? Good.. Those HIDs (like all HIDs) come in a projector to not blind other drivers? Still on the same page? Yea he has extra LEDs that might not be needed but who are you to judge how he spends his money? That's right u can't... I can't stand how people rag on other shit cuz they can't afford it or don't like it.. I've built a set of these lights, well I tried and fucked them up I know I had about 500 in parts (not an eBay hid kit) including projectors. I sent them to someone after having to buy new housings I paid about 400 and I didn't have rigid industries LEDs and I'm at almost 1,000 now. They're aren't cheap they ARE perfectly safe/legal.. Rigid industries is like the RF of led lighting everyone who's looked into lights have heard of them.

You're completely and I mean completely missing the entire point I made about blinding other drivers. I myself have a properly retrofitted set of HID's, and properly aimed. THAT DOES NOT CHANGE THE FACT THAT CHANGES IN ROAD GRADE, BUMPS, HILLS, WILL AIM YOUR FRONT END HIGHER, if there is an oncoming car that is lower than the surface you are on, AIMING does NOTHING. And there IS a HUGE difference in a 35w/50w HID setup and using off road LED setups as your headlamps for on road usage. You don't know what you're talking about. Just stop.

So, basically just a HID retrofit with some LED strips added in... with some mini LED fog lights thrown inside also?

heres a list of parts, i had another person tell me how unimpressed they were with these so i showed them the prices of the individual lights, these are not auto zone leds haha

2x rigid srq spot $228

2x rigid srq flood $228

2x rigid d2 hyperspot $298

oracle plasma glow halo kit $220

8x oracle 4" amber led strips $180

4x oracle 4" white led strips $90

2x oracle 16" dual element strips $174

2x D2S morimoto bi-beam mini $315

black housings $200

which equals out to $1933 for just parts then there is shipping to Alaska and labor.

Didn't respond to the question, and nobody asked about a price list (very inflated prices at that). And a lumen =a lumen, if it cost $50, or $500 it still remains the same amount of output. So then, a retrofit with some LED's stuffed in there. Way overpaid, but LED headlights are nice. But if it's putting out an extreme amount of light then it's more than likely very blinding/distracting to other drivers regardless of how properly it's aimed/how much it cost to make. Even properly aimed lights get aimed in oncoming drivers eyes when bumps, hills, etc come into play. There's a reason you can't go and buy a 500w direct swap.

Edit~ Also see on the inflated price list there's labor on there, you said your buddy built them himself... Did he pay himself labor?

he didn't build them for himself, they were for a customer, he is a rigid, oracle and morimoto dealer, so he got the less at less of a price but thats what they would cost you at regular price from the companies.

all the lights aren't on at all times, just low beams when driving in night traffic, most of the time just halos and strips would be on. but if you want to see very good at night on the roads here in alaska who cares if they are too bright for other people? they aren't meant to be on all the time. why the hate man?

they are for people who like being over the top and don't want to have stock boring lights. i suppose you don't like hids and are afraid of bright things?

That is the exact mentality of dumbass people who get things banned for the people who have courtesy to other drivers. And yep, as stated above I do use HID's. Properly retrofitted, not some huge mega lumen LED setup that's intended for off road usage thrown into a housing and used on streets.

You're completely and I mean completely missing the entire point I made about blinding other drivers. I myself have a properly retrofitted set of HID's, and properly aimed. THAT DOES NOT CHANGE THE FACT THAT CHANGES IN ROAD GRADE, BUMPS, HILLS, WILL AIM YOUR FRONT END HIGHER, if there is an oncoming car that is lower than the surface you are on, AIMING does NOTHING. And there IS a HUGE difference in a 35w/50w HID setup and using off road LED setups as your headlamps for on road usage. You don't know what you're talking about. Just stop.

high end cars still have to drive over the same bumpy roads. these are 35w 6000k hide in a projector, most hids around here aren't even in a projector.

they are fine and you will never see these in person anyway. you just stop, they bright we you need them to be, just like light force lights, kc's or led light bars. if i posted a picture of the sun would you complain?

last2.jpg

i was saying that when high beams are on who cares about other people. high beams aren't turned on when anyone else is near. if no ones around to see them then caring about other people is irrelevant, ya get it?

heres what low beams look like, not dark enough here in alaska yet so i found this

they are no brighter than a stock car with hide in a projector, they only get brighter when high beams are on. whats so hard to understand?

last2.jpg

high end cars still have to drive over the same bumpy roads. these are 35w 6000k hide in a projector, most hids around here aren't even in a projector.

they are fine and you will never see these in person anyway. you just stop, they bright we you need them to be, just like light force lights, kc's or led light bars. if i posted a picture of the sun would you complain?

Yep, they sure do drive the same roads.......... THAT'S WHY we use 35w HID's in the projector housings they're MADE for. Not 5000 LED's crammed into the headlamps shooting ridiculous light all over the place. You obviously just can't understand the point. Shooting lets say 3k lumens aimed right is NOT the same as shooting 12k lumens when it hits someones eyes. PERIOD.

I'm done here, stupid people will be stupid. Keep the off road designed equipment, off the roads. Simple.

Yep, they sure do drive the same roads.......... THAT'S WHY we use 35w HID's in the projector housings they're MADE for. Not 5000 LED's crammed into the headlamps shooting ridiculous light all over the place. You obviously just can't understand the point. Shooting lets say 3k lumens aimed right is NOT the same as shooting 12k lumens when it hits someones eyes. PERIOD.

I'm done here, stupid people will be stupid. Keep the off road designed equipment, off the roads. Simple.

the only lights on at most times are the hids in well aimed projectors, the rest are just high beams, kinda similar to having led light bars or aftermarket fog lights. not a hard concept man . when an oncoming car comes you turn the low beams back on, just like you would in your car .

128-1-50-inch-offroad-led-light-bar-comp

last2.jpg

Archived