If you've had it at three mechanics and not one figured out what your issues were you need to seriously rethink who you chose to take your car to.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Well since you asked broke_audio_addict we ALL said its grounding out somewhere on the harness causing the truck to cut off now where it was grounding? who knows ,but I told each mechanic what my financial trouble shooting limits were(very low noo no extremely low). We all know electrical trouble shooting can be expensive I guess u get what you pay for huh?

• 1 month later...

TAHOE UP!!! The original pcm got fried I dont know for sure how ,but I did ground my power wire to the frame accidentally a few days before the truck took a shit on me. Got a used one put in along with crank sensor. The mechanic said his buddy worked for chevy and could down load the correct software. I took his word, but felt he was bullshiting me. Come to find out I was right took the truck to chevy this morning 1st thing the tec notice was verify the vin numbers guess what didn't match nor did the specs. ..smh I knew it. Long story short you get what you pay for trucks running great now thank for all the suggestion.

It would have been a usefull piece of information to know you shorted out the electrical.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Why what would that have change? I previously stated that the pcm was changed out. You never ask why then so why huff and puff now? for all we know that had nothing to do with the pcm failing then again how do I know the 1st mechanic just didn't replace the pcm for nothing? The biggest issue now is that I shouldn't have to eat the reprogramming charge since he claim that it was reprogrammed to my vin specs

Why what would that have change? I previously stated that the pcm was changed out. You never ask why then so why huff and puff now? for all we know that had nothing to do with the pcm failing then again how do I know the 1st mechanic just didn't replace the pcm for nothing? The biggest issue now is that I shouldn't have to eat the reprogramming charge since he claim that it was reprogrammed to my vin specs

You come and ask for help then get bent out of shape when it's offered?

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

You come and ask for help then get bent out of shape when it's offered?
not at all excuse me if I came off that way remember is no different then text and can be easliy misiturpeted. .. again im grateful for ALL the help I recieved here im on smd im excited my truck is back up and running if anything!! LOL!! dont be soo sensitive..

Archived