Weigel21 Posted July 9, 2014 Report Posted July 9, 2014 I don't fully understand how no tint on the front windows is going to make it all that much safer for any officer approaching a car, but that's me. I live in KS. State laws here say no more than 35% on the windows and then the top 6" of the windshield. I however, plan to one day tint all the windows at 50% and get my entire windshield tinted at 70%. I'm looking to reap the benefits of using tint to help keep the interior cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, not to mention, protect the interior from sun damage and keep glass from becoming as much of an issue in the case of an accident. I know the tinting of the entire windshield is illegal, no need to hear such said. My argument towards my desire is that I regularly see cars driving around my town with 20% and even 5% tint on all the windows. Heck, my sister had 5% put on all her windows, then two years later gave the car to her 15 y/o daughter. Anyways, my hope is that with such light tint all the way around, the entire windshield tinted at 70% won't be noticeable to the naked eye. I still believe I'd be able to cut the UV rays entering my car to less than half and even take a slight bit out of the brightness of the sun. To get back on topic though, I went ahead and singed, but opted out of donating to the cause, sorry.
Jared420 Posted July 9, 2014 Author Report Posted July 9, 2014 Good luck on your petition, however i think changing that law will never happen. The main reason they do it is for officer safety. It isn't MY petition, like I said I simply stumbled on it. And yes you're probably right, even if it gets becomes a bill to be reviewed it may just get shot right down. You never know though til you try. It's not like it's something completely out of the question. 92% of the country allows it.... Leaving any valuables in a car is at own risk.and to justify you need tint won't fly with authorities Of course that isn't an excuse you would use with a cop... It's just a point being made towards why tint can be beneficial. Although leaving valuables in a vehicle is your own risk but can sometimes not be avoided. In my own case, I have to pickup stock for work sometimes. Could be anywhere from $100-10,000. I don't fully understand how no tint on the front windows is going to make it all that much safer for any officer approaching a car, but that's me. I live in KS. State laws here say no more than 35% on the windows and then the top 6" of the windshield. I however, plan to one day tint all the windows at 50% and get my entire windshield tinted at 70%. I'm looking to reap the benefits of using tint to help keep the interior cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, not to mention, protect the interior from sun damage and keep glass from becoming as much of an issue in the case of an accident. I know the tinting of the entire windshield is illegal, no need to hear such said. My argument towards my desire is that I regularly see cars driving around my town with 20% and even 5% tint on all the windows. Heck, my sister had 5% put on all her windows, then two years later gave the car to her 15 y/o daughter. Anyways, my hope is that with such light tint all the way around, the entire windshield tinted at 70% won't be noticeable to the naked eye. I still believe I'd be able to cut the UV rays entering my car to less than half and even take a slight bit out of the brightness of the sun. To get back on topic though, I went ahead and singed, but opted out of donating to the cause, sorry. I agree I don't understand how it's any safer. And the biggest things for me is keeping heat out from the black leather and blocking uv's from fading my interior. This is why I paid extra for the ceramic based tint with higher uv rejection. Thanks for signing (I didn't know they asked for any donation that doesn't even make sense I thought they were just looking for names) 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.