Jared420 Posted July 8, 2014 Report Posted July 8, 2014 I just moved from MA to NH and in my searches online for recommendations of "tint" friendly inspection places I came across an active petition to change the NH tint laws. Please help by signing the petition if you have an extra minute. The NH tint laws are ridiculous. Currently windows behind driver and passenger can be a max of 35% and NH is one of only 4 states that does not allow any tint on your front two windows. Very strange to me considering the state slogan is "live free or die". You can walk into a gun store when you turn 18, show your drivers license and walk out with a gun but you can't tint your front windows? Here is the link to the petition . The goal is 10,000 signers by November. http://www.change.org/petitions/revise-the-nh-tint-law-to-be-less-strict?recruiter=122671875&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
Jared420 Posted July 8, 2014 Author Report Posted July 8, 2014 I'm also not really sure what that means if they get 10,000 names on the petition. I would guess it might be how many required to advance a petition to the next step. Either that or it's just a random goal they have set. Anyways the more names the better I WANNA KEEP MY TINT! 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
OrionStang Posted July 8, 2014 Report Posted July 8, 2014 If it gets the 10,000 sigs, then it will become a bill proposal. At that point it will likely be struck down. Petitions are just a way the gov't makes you think you have a voice. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Jared420 Posted July 8, 2014 Author Report Posted July 8, 2014 Maybe so, doesn't hurt to try though. Things are changing and it seems crazy that only 4 out of 50 states do not allow any tint on front windows. All surrounding states allow tint. 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
RyanJ Posted July 9, 2014 Report Posted July 9, 2014 Maybe so, doesn't hurt to try though. Things are changing and it seems crazy that only 4 out of 50 states do not allow any tint on front windows. All surrounding states allow tint.I understand tints on the front windows look clean af on a car, but what is the big deal if you don't ? I mean... It's not like there taking away tints in general, but it's only the front windows. Idk I don't see the point but then again, I'm already In ca, 1 outta 4 states who can't have front windows tinted MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
dolarbilz Posted July 9, 2014 Report Posted July 9, 2014 Tint on front window does look great .but some people still limo tint the front and can't see shit out of it at night.so for safety I can understand.so its just easier to say no tent on front.
Jared420 Posted July 9, 2014 Author Report Posted July 9, 2014 It's not that big of a deal. I just happened to stumble on this petition that Already has a couple thousand names on it and figured why not try to help? There's a few reasons why I like having tint on my front windows. With black leather interior it helps keep it cooler, it reduces sun damage on the interior from fading, reduces glare on sunny days and makes it easier to drive, it helps night driving by reducing glare from the cars headlights behind you from hitting the side view mirrors and reflecting into your eyes, and as you mentioned it looks good. I have had tinted vehicles since I've had my license (10 years). And I live about 2 miles from the Massachusetts border and work in MA. Not that living so close to the border is an excuse. But my truck is already tinted and I really don't want to have to strip it off. 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
Jared420 Posted July 9, 2014 Author Report Posted July 9, 2014 Tint on front window does look great .but some people still limo tint the front and can't see shit out of it at night.so for safety I can understand.so its just easier to say no tent on front. I agree limo tint is hazardous at night, but it's just as easy to do what the other 46 states do and put a restriction on the tint. Massachusetts limit for front windows is 35%. Other legitimate reasons to want some sort of tint are, anyone who uses their vehicle for work sometimes may have thousands of dollars worth of tools and or supplies inside. Valuables that you don't want people to be able to easily see while they're walking past your car in the parking lot. Everyone on here should be able to relate to not wanting their expensive audio equipment clearly visible to people as well. This all being said my front windows are not limo dark. My rear windows are down between 15-20%. My front windows are much less shaded as to comply with the laws of the state I lived in for 26 years. I paid good money to have my truck tinted and it would just be a shame to have to rip half of it off. 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
truthsayer Posted July 9, 2014 Report Posted July 9, 2014 Good luck on your petition, however i think changing that law will never happen. The main reason they do it is for officer safety. truthsayer
dolarbilz Posted July 9, 2014 Report Posted July 9, 2014 Leaving any valuables in a car is at own risk.and to justify you need tint won't fly with authorities
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.