DD1 Gains, is there a difference

Deck doesnt clip at 35/35 sw level 1

Deck doesnt clip at 34/35 sw level 3

Deck doesnt clip at 33/35 sw level 5

Would these all be the same in the end for loudness? Should i just use the 35/35 and sw level 1 and then set gain or would choosing the highest sw level unclipped be the loudest?

I want to say there is no difference in the end because the amp will just be set higher or lower depending what HU volume i pick

Right now i have it tuned at 35/35 sw level 1.

Would these all be the same in the end for loudness? Should i just use the 35/35 and sw level 1 and then set gain or would choosing the highest sw level unclipped be the loudest?

I want to say there is no difference in the end because the amp will just be set higher or lower depending what HU volume i pick

Sounds right to me. The goal is to get max power out of the amp without clipping/distortion. Turning up the SW level is going to mean more voltage on the line level out, which means less gain to increase the voltage through the amp that the sub will see, but the max voltage coming out of the amp should be the same. The amplifier, if you want to look at it this way, is a voltage multiplier with a maximum CLEAN output. More voltage input, less gain/multiplication, same output.

Does that kinda make sense?

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

The stronger RCA voltage will give a stronger signal in the end but it might not be noticeable. I always set the Head Unit to its maximum clean output so I can fine tweak it from there.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Sounds right to me. The goal is to get max power out of the amp without clipping/distortion. Turning up the SW level is going to mean more voltage on the line level out, which means less gain to increase the voltage through the amp that the sub will see, but the max voltage coming out of the amp should be the same. The amplifier, if you want to look at it this way, is a voltage multiplier with a maximum CLEAN output. More voltage input, less gain/multiplication, same output.

Does that kinda make sense?

exactly what i thought. i guess it doesnt matter then?

or maybe do i set the hu to 30/35 and max sw level 10 which is all clean and then the amp gain should barely be up driving the amp less?

and then i can readjust the mids/highs to put out clean max power at 30/35?

or is this all not necessary because its the same in the end.