Second Skin Audio

Re Sx 15" I Need A Box Design And Have Other Questions..

I just bought a brand new 15" RE SX for $132.. I have never owned a 15" sub and have never owned any non mainstream subs like RE.. I do have lots a room for a good big ported box..Going in the rear of my Caravan.. Any one know of a good box design/plans for this sub..Im going to be using it daily and I would like it to get loud but sound good doing it...Dont need a all out "balls to the wall" SPL box or SQ box but a good mix would be nice. RE SX OWNERS... How do you like your Re SX sub? I was wondering exactly how much power I should give it and do I need to go through a break in process or not... Also did I get a decent deal on this sub? Any way..if you have any info, suggestions, or comments please post em up...Thanks guys..

23002.jpg

Yes you got a good deal on the sub imo. This sub is suggested for ported only so at very least they suggest 3.0cuft. As far as power I would say between 800 and 1000 watts rms would move it very well. You might wait and see is any RE gurus chime in. Also in order to get help making a box you might want to post dimensions of space your willing to lose.

Rebuild coming soon

sub up, port back @ about 3.5 cubes tuned to 35 hz with about 70"s of port area and I will bet money she Bangs harder than you could ever imagine.

ohh yeah, I dont own them, but I installed 2 RE SX 12's in a Nissan Altima for a member here on the site Search BLK SIN SOTM last october.

They SOUND GREAT, I was very Impressed with them, they took more than rated power and get LOUD as hell.

2 -12" RE SX 12s on a RF T3000.1 BD@ 1ohm and they bassraced a 144+ sealed up on the dash legal.

sub up, port back @ about 3.5 cubes tuned to 35 hz with about 70"s of port area and I will bet money she Bangs harder than you could ever imagine.

Trust me when I say that I DO believe you & I know you know what you are talking about but... I would like to know why you prefer the sub facing up? I no doubt will have the port facing back but I was going to have the sub facing the rear too. Thats the way I have always got the best results from my boxes, but I have never tried having it like you said and I will try that for sure, But why will it sound best with the sub up? Thanks...

23002.jpg

shit those subs were running around $300 on ebay, i wish i could come across one for $132.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module