Second Skin Audio

enclosure help needed

The box is meant to be used firing back, just make sure to try the box with the port firing on the left side also, the figure shows the port in the right side, it just takes flipping the box to have the port firing on the left.

These rather are old subs and therefore I wouldn't recommend to go over rated power with them, specially the surround of old subs is at risk of failure. Use your amp subsonic filter as suggested, that will help prevent a potential failure or at least have them last some more.

Then maybe iTS best tho not mess with the alpine Subs even when there in mint condition.

And just let them in the sealed box where there in now.

And make a box like That for my two 15" impact serie 3715 dvc ?

With the focal 1.800 on them...

15" subs would require a box 3-4 times larger than the above, besides those subs have about the same power rating than the alpines. It's very likely that the alpines will take the power of that amp without issue however I isially advice people working with older subs to be careful with them, which BTW is to some extent also true for newer subs specially if they are cheap, the only type of subs you can safely overpower are most of those you find for sale in sites such as this and that is because these subs are basically underrated.

Archived