Sundown Audio

Hifonics 0.5

MatthewBigBossWilliams

I was wondering if I could wire a Hifonics ZRX 3000.1D to 0.5 ohm. (I accidentally got the FI subwoofer in dual 1ohm) I dont care about the warranty because I am going to replace the amp eventually. I just want to know the side effects

If you don't care about the warranty go ahead and wing it. But, be prepared it will tax the SHIT out of your electrical system because those amps are extremely insufficient. I wouldn't doubt that it's going to blow up.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Try it and tell us.

I would rather you guys help me with it first lol

Lol, I feel the exact same way with you.

Well without me knowing i had it hooked up and accodring to the ohm side of my multimeter it said "0.4" on the ohms side. and I ran that (not at full volume) for about a 1.5 hour drive

Archived