Sundown Audio

Hifonics question

MatthewBigBossWilliams

Get a used Sundown/Skar/DC, etc. Plenty of them in great shape for $500-600. I got a minty used one(Sundown SAZ3500) for $580 local.

I'm in europe man otherwise on an army post. plus I need an amp that can push 3k watts at 2 ohms
You have a D1 sub? You should have bought a D2 in order to get an amp that puts it's power out at 1 ohm instead of 2.

Maybe you should try to trade the sub for the proper voice coil version before you buy way more amp than you need or can support with two batteries.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Get a used Sundown/Skar/DC, etc. Plenty of them in great shape for $500-600. I got a minty used one(Sundown SAZ3500) for $580 local.

I'm in europe man otherwise on an army post. plus I need an amp that can push 3k watts at 2 ohms
You have a D1 sub? You should have bought a D2 in order to get an amp that puts it's power out at 1 ohm instead of 2.

Maybe you should try to trade the sub for the proper voice coil version before you buy way more amp than you need or can support with two batteries.

It was by accident. And also I don't see the problem with having an amp at 2ohms that produces only 3k rms. It would help me later when I decide to get two anyway

The problem with having an amp that puts out 3K right now it's that you're looking at crap amps to put on a nice sub. You've mentioned Hifonics and you also threw a link in for a Taramps which very few guys are going to recommend. The Taramps are temperamental and don't like below rated impedance and they are also sensitive to NOT enough or too much voltage. A legit amp that puts out 3K at 2 ohms is going to be over your budget.

The best thing to do would be to trade that sub for a D2 ohm model, and get an amp that puts out 3-3.5K @ 1 ohm. When you're ready to upgrade to another sub, duplicate the process. But another D2 sub and another app that's identical to the first one.

The problem with having an amp that puts out 3K right now it's that you're looking at crap amps to put on a nice sub. You've mentioned Hifonics and you also threw a link in for a Taramps which very few guys are going to recommend. The Taramps are temperamental and don't like below rated impedance and they are also sensitive to NOT enough or too much voltage. A legit amp that puts out 3K at 2 ohms is going to be over your budget.

The best thing to do would be to trade that sub for a D2 ohm model, and get an amp that puts out 3-3.5K @ 1 ohm. When you're ready to upgrade to another sub, duplicate the process. But another D2 sub and another app that's identical to the first one.

It would be a lot harder to actually find someone with a D2 SP4 15 willing to sell plus I would not know anyone who would ship to APO. Probably easier just finding something that is at .5 ohms lol

or just save up for this

http://ct-sounds.com/at7000-1d-amplifier/

Crap, that's right I forgot you were APO which means only USPS, which means EXPENSIVE doing compared to UPS(domestically). International, I can't even imagine the awful shipping price if you had a physical address.

And as much as I hate to say it(i hate recommending half ohm to someone I don't know), .5 ohm might be the way to go. As long as you have the eventual to support that kind of commitment. A HO alt and a few good batts would be sufficient, as well as a way to set gains cleanly and properly.

Crap, that's right I forgot you were APO which means only USPS, which means EXPENSIVE doing compared to UPS(domestically). International, I can't even imagine the awful shipping price if you had a physical address.

And as much as I hate to say it(i hate recommending half ohm to someone I don't know), .5 ohm might be the way to go. As long as you have the eventual to support that kind of commitment. A HO alt and a few good batts would be sufficient, as well as a way to set gains cleanly and properly.

I will tell you my setup

2013 Ford Focus Titanium ( no ability to put H/O alt in as of 2014)

1 15in FI SP4 (D1)

2 KHC 2000

I honestly have no way of upgrading the alt. I was considering getting a 3rd battery for the back but I wanted to consult with you guys first as to any ideas on .5ohm amps or 2 ohm amps.

If you ned that much power at 2 ohm why dont you get like 2 Sq2200ds and strap em.. Thats 4400watts @ 2ohm for around 860..

'97 Explorer
2 Sundown SA 15's

SQ 2200D

Kinetik KHC1800 (Front)

Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back)

KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC

130A Alt + Big 3

Yeah I'm not sure about shipping there.. But the soundqubed amps are pretty good.. maybe you can get 2 used 2200Ds

'97 Explorer
2 Sundown SA 15's

SQ 2200D

Kinetik KHC1800 (Front)

Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back)

KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC

130A Alt + Big 3

Archived