Sundown Audio

Hifonics question

MatthewBigBossWilliams

Yes. Steve made a video. They only do clean rated power for 1/10th of a second. So unless you listen to 0.1s basslines then it won't do rated.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Yes. Steve made a video. They only do clean rated power for 1/10th of a second. So unless you listen to 0.1s basslines then it won't do rated.

He made 1 video, on one amp, on one line of amps. I am not asking him or anyone to buy the entire line and see whats going on with their whole line, but telling me they don't do something all because 1 amp doesn't seems like crap to me.

So you are trying to tell me that this same company, Hifonics, will create one line that doesn't do rated. Then make the rest of the lines make rated/be overrated? HA

It's common sense. If they don't care about one line of amplifiers that doesn't do rated, which in turn will tarnish their name somewhat. Then what makes you think that they would even bother having any of their amps do rated.

Suck up the money and buy a decent amplifier. Not some POS.

Well hey. It's good for the money, right?....

HA

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

There is also the fact that they have caught fire and broken pretty fast for some members here.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

shit company uses shit parts in ALL of their amps, series name is irrelevant

why trust a company that makes a ton of junk?

Aint you getting an opti amp anyways?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/189265-hifonics-05/

If you had read through the hifonics links I posted in that thread you would have your answers about hifonics

Dirty power, clipped signals, and power hungry,

made with lower grade parts so .5ohm daily will cause the cheap parts to degrade and fail real quick

People have been clamping their amps for decades, and for the most part since they stopped being made in the USA there have been less than 4 or 5 that make rated power.

Rest assured there's a veritable army of people who think they're going to get something for nothing and will buy and test every cheap amp that's produced..... with predictable results I might add.

Realistically power output shouldn't be the top reason you chose one brand over another. 25% less power will be virtually inaudible and things like build quality, reliability, customer support, and resale value should weigh a little higher in your decision making IMO.

Archived