Sundown Audio

crescendo 1500.1

sps

Hey guys, I recently bought a crescendo 1500.1 amp and I'm running 2 gauge wire to it to powera pioneer champion pro 10 inch with it but don't seem to be getting as much power as I should be. The sub isdual 4 ohm coils. I even plugged in an old 12 inch premier that only needs 400rms and I could only over power it when the volume was cranked. My head unit is an alpine ute-42Bt and I'm running 4 kicker ks65 from it, could the problem be the head unit? Any advice would help! (First posting in any forum ever so hopefully its in the proper section) Thanks

How did you set your gain? Also how do you have your subsonic filter and low pass set?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

LPF around 80-100, Turn subsonic to where box tuning is. Could also be that your HU only has 2v preouts. Also, your HU has 2 preouts, Front and Rear/Sub. Make sure your RCA is hooked up to the right ones and make sure it's set to SUB.

I went to soundqubed website tech support and found this:

Amp Setup Instructions

Amplifier basic gain and crossover setting instructions for:

AQ750D AQ1200D AQ2200D AQ3500D.1

1. Set LPF to 100-125

2. Set Subsonic to 30-35

3. Set master/slave switch to Master

4. Set the gain on the amp to min(all the way to the left)

5. Install the remote gain and turn 1/2 way up (the midpoint on the dial)

6. All EQ settings and bass controls on the HU to O (Alpine HU's subwoofer up on some models needs to be turned up)

7. Turn HU volume to 3/4 and insert CD (perferbably a recorded CD and not an mp3 At this time you will have no output because the gain on the amp is turned down)

8. Slowly turn the gain on the amp until the clipping indicator on the remote starts to flicker as the frequencies in the music change. Do not allow the the clipping indicator to glow solid or flicker continuously on constant music or stay red on transients. This will lead to a burning coil.

I haven't tried the remote gain instruction but "m gonna give it a go when I'm free. Hope this would solve the issue!

If HU is weak could run sub rca into a electronic crossover to add gain from HU. Then set gains with a DD1

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12