Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

4th order port placement


matt.b

Recommended Posts

Posted

hey guys ive been really curious about 4th orders so I am finally going to give one a shot to see what I can do with a single 12. I an however confused if its okay or not to put the port directly across from the woofer or if it should be off to the side any input would be appreciated thanks!

Posted

Nope, don't do that please. What you'll have occur is called unloading. It's when the sub has nothing to pressurize against and the sub loses a lot a mechanical control. Offset the port to make sure the sub isn't firing directly into it.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

exactly what sierra said, I built one for my old atomic 18, for my ridgeline blowtrough, it sounded good, but basically it was a sealed 18 blowing through lol

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP7rjav9cD9UFdAYBJmz4M4LoNlF26ng1xhAf4Uhttps://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP7rjav9cD9UFdAYBJmz4M4LoNlF26ng1xhAf4U

2013 DODGE CHALLENGER R/T

SUNDOWN ZV4-18

CRESCENDO 3.5K

PIONEER AVIC 5300 NEX

ALPINE TYPE R 6.5S & 6X9'S

ROCKFORD FOSGATE 1.5" TWEETS

5 C&D TECH BATTS

Posted

i would use a 6" aero (depending on the sub of course) , works awesome for a good 12" sub on a 4th order :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2966 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...