Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Box Design Help Soundqubed 15


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys I ended up buying a car for stereo and for now while I save up I'm going to put my current equipment In it but I need help with the box design the cars a 96 jetta gl I'd like to do a sealed off trunk sub and port forward with a square port

Equipment DD M80

Soundqubed hds200 15 D2 will be wired at 1 ohm

Max dimensions are 16.5 high

31 wide

34 deep

All I listen to is decaf so I'd like to tune it low around 30 Hz I'm going for strong lows thanks in advance

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

Posted

So here is a suggestion, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 3 3/4", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

1hds215.jpg

1SFPFno45s_zps74ec662c.jpg

Posted

4 c/f and 3 4" aeros FTMW! ;)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Posted

4 c/f and 3 4" aeros FTMW! ;)

That would need to be 3 19" long ports (same tuning as above), if using PSP flares those would need to be 7 1/4" in diameter, kind of a mess to build right (specially if you want to fit all that in the baffle). Just trying to keep it simple for a potential builder.

Posted

that subs can play below tuning on that box without any problems, also, no need to place ports on the same baffle,and no need for 34 hz tuning either, you can use a loading wall to simulate a lower tuning, my suzuki is tuned to 35 hz peaking at 31 hz right now, cheers!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11002 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...