09 BMW alternator question

So working on this build, so I sent out quote requests to mechman, dc, and singer. This was over a month ago. Mechman replied saying they can't make an alternator for that specific car, and recommended me to look into an external regulator that we could incorporate into the BMW. That made no sense to me, how could higher voltage yield more current flow? Wouldn't that require us to change the system to 14v? And they hold less storage all together when compared to a normal 12 v system if I understand correctly.

in this journey dc and singer never even responded to the quote request. Can anybody make me an alternator?

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

What model bimmer do you have? I was told by Singer that he couldn't rewind the alt out of my E38 at this time, but mine is the water cooled one. Haven't heard back from Mechman for a few weeks now on my request

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

He got back to me in like 2 days. Wish he had a solution for me because I'd be more than happy to give him my money, cool dude.

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

Yeah I'm kind of in the same spot and not really sure what to do. I've got a saz 3500 ready to go in but I'm really cautious when it comes to this stuff so I don't want to risk blowing anything on low voltage.

oh and its a 335i sedan.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

I feel you, brown-outs aren't fun especially while driving... ask me how I know, lol. That notification-beep-of-death is enough to give you a heart attack when your on board display blacks out after a nasty dubstep drop while driving.

You have a stock 180A air-cold Bosch alt, should be easy to rewind.

Nice thing is that getting a H.O alt is cheaper than bending over at the stealership for a stock replacement. Those bastards wanted $1200 to replace the alt and battery in my sisters '04 545i... I did it for $230 with cores...

Your alt is the same part number as in the E60N/61N, and E82s so if you can find a high output for any of those it's a drop in for yours too.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partxref.do?part=12317558220&showus=1&showeur=&details=1

~Henry David Thoreau

Archived