problem with dd1

So just playing them to loud to fast is the problem not that I am getting distortion as I set all the gains on my other amps fine the flashing only occurred on this one so I should turn up the gain till I get a solid red. I set the gains a month ago and if I remember correctly after I went past quarter turn it didn't flash red again until maybe half or two thirds I can check tomorrow

set your subwoofer output to 0 tomorrow, reset gains, use dd1 again to set them, and wait for subwoofers to break in then you should be good. Like OrionStang said.

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

2 sets of Rockford Fosgate P1683's

Fi Audio Q 18" D2 ( Currently Own)

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

All SHCA Wires and stuff...

XS Power 4800 ( Stock Replacement)

High Ouput alternator (undecided which company or Amperage.)

So just playing them to loud to fast is the problem not that I am getting distortion as I set all the gains on my other amps fine the flashing only occurred on this one so I should turn up the gain till I get a solid red. I set the gains a month ago and if I remember correctly after I went past quarter turn it didn't flash red again until maybe half or two thirds I can check tomorrow. So if my full blown is 25 volume should I not go above 15

Did you find the max volume on your deck with the DD1 before attempting to set the amp gain?

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Okay thanks I will post back tomorrow. So what exactly needs to break in on the woofer that is causing the stink I did read up some people say break in some say there is no need

The suspension needs to loosen up, and get used to the fact that its been played with. That may not cause the stink, but powering it fully and overpowering it too quickly can cause that, also clipping can cause it. Granted that you dont have to let it break in, but I always found its a good idea. Just do what we said above and you should be good.

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

Edit: Double Post.

Edited by Call Me Dubstep

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

So just playing them to loud to fast is the problem not that I am getting distortion as I set all the gains on my other amps fine the flashing only occurred on this one so I should turn up the gain till I get a solid red. I set the gains a month ago and if I remember correctly after I went past quarter turn it didn't flash red again until maybe half or two thirds I can check tomorrow. So if my full blown is 25 volume should I not go above 15

Did you find the max volume on your deck with the DD1 before attempting to set the amp gain?

Well I didn't plug the dd1 into the headunit directly bc I was not sure so I first checked the 4 channel door speakers which didn't clip at all so the gain for that was set to clip at 33. Then I did the saz 1200 which with subwoofer level at 8 clipped at 27 so it should clip differently tomorrow when I put sub level at 0. Also does this mean I cant use the sublevel control on the headunit anymore since let's say the amp clips at 35 with sub level at 0 won't turning up the sub level cause clipping? I'm not too familiar how the sub level setting works

Well I did exactly what I was told when setting the gains I get a blip at around 1/4 turn if I don't move the knob it stays there if I turn it up past 1/4 I don't get a distortion light till2/3 but I can turn it up full gain and no distortion so my question is what should I set it at, I have a hard time believing I want it at full gain what does everyone think. The system bumps. Is there another way to set gains so I can validate the dd1 lime if indeed it is not clipping at full a way to ch eck that