rsfm089 Posted July 24, 2014 Report Posted July 24, 2014 So I've been thinking that I have done something wrong. I up graded to one hdc3 12 and an aq2200 from two 4th gen alpine type Rs and a planet audio ac3000.1(400watt RMS). Know I thought that the one hdc3 would crush the two Rs but its not. I know cone area matters but I more then doubled my power and its just not loud at all so I've been going over checking everything and finally came to the point where I took my sub out and looked at it. I'm still really new to this so when I looked at the magnets I freaked but would like to know if this is normal. Please help I spent a lot of money thinking I was going to get loud and I got less output
rsfm089 Posted July 24, 2014 Author Report Posted July 24, 2014 BTW I have no coil rub and the coils still read good no voltage drop below 13 and I turn it down when I come to a stop. I have a yellow top under the hood and a red top in the trunk. Two runs of 1/0 gauge to the back and two 1/0 grounds. One run of positive and one run of negative 1/0 off back battery to amp. Ordering a dd1 today.
FCS530 Posted July 24, 2014 Report Posted July 24, 2014 Box? Several systems, several vehicles. Always changing! 2013 MECA State Champion (trunk 1) 2014 MECA State Champion (mod 4) 2014 MECA state Champion (Park and Pound 4) 2014 DBDRAG 6th place North America Finals (SS1-2) 2014 BASS RACE 6th place North America Finals (139.9)
Cj Kumz Posted July 24, 2014 Report Posted July 24, 2014 Your box looks fine I think. Any signs of the sub bottoming out or clipping?? And you very right about cone area, mostly more area means more air movement (though I have beaten many people with 2 subs against my single sub lol). Also go through your electrical, what size alt are you using? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
rsfm089 Posted July 24, 2014 Author Report Posted July 24, 2014 That's the only thing I don't know I think it's stock I have a 96 Honda civic ex sedan
Guest Posted July 24, 2014 Report Posted July 24, 2014 which ohm were you wired to with the type r's and which ohm load are you at with your soundqubed? can we see a pic of the amp settings? have you checked your ground and wiring connections to make sure something didnt come loose during the newest install?
Jhunt94 Posted July 24, 2014 Report Posted July 24, 2014 Referring to the magnets. Did you notice if the magnets looked like that before you put the sub into the box? Pretty sure that's not hurting your output, but I'm just curious. 2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside250 Mechman AlternatorSky High Car Audio Big 3 XS Power D3400Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kitRockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcpRockford Fosgate T400-4DC Audio Lvl 4 12"Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" componentRockford Fosgate Punch 6x8Pioneer AVH-P2300DVDSMD Volt Meter
rsfm089 Posted July 24, 2014 Author Report Posted July 24, 2014 One ohm and both set ups checked with dmm and will get picks when back from work but is the sub okay with the magnets like that
Guest Posted July 24, 2014 Report Posted July 24, 2014 how did you tune the gains? its probably not set up properly. with 2k on an hdc3 it should be moving like an inch.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.