Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Help on a box for Fi Q18 Fully Loaded


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a Fi Q 18 that I ordered from Fi. I am thinking of building a 4th order for it and I like pure LOW notes. It's all going in my 97 c1500 ext cab. Plan to take rear seat out for my box. Most of the music I listen to is slowed. What would be the best type of box and the tuning for the port in your opinion?

<p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone

Posted

Nah man, I been got rid of all that shit. Have a pioneer 80prs and the q 18. Starting over from there

<p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone

Posted

If you just wanna play lows then build a low tuned ported box, don't waste the wood and space for a band pass. But if you want lows while keeping a wide range build a band pass

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Posted

Okay but will the band pass play lows as well as say a 28hz tuned ported box?

<p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone

Posted

Okay but will the band pass play lows as well as say a 28hz tuned ported box?

I hate to be a Debbie downer here... but... that question you just asked... I mean you can generalize that yes it may, or may not... its kind of asking which is better, apples or bananas? one person may like apples, the other person right next to him might like bananas... Bandpass box or not... its basically all trial and error, you cant just have the perfect box unless you go out and have someone professionally engineering the box specifically for your listening wants and within your space requirements, which costs about 50-75 dollars for blue prints... different boxes will play differently in different cars... Its mostly trial and error, if you have enough space... otherwise you are limited on your options... Personally I would just make a ported box and stay with it... I mean I have a FI audio q 18 right now next to me. Im still planning on a box right now i decided with a ported box at 29hz that is about 6.8 cubic feet... so i mean that's what i am limited to... I barely can fit it in my car.

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

2 sets of Rockford Fosgate P1683's

Fi Audio Q 18" D2 ( Currently Own)

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

All SHCA Wires and stuff...

XS Power 4800 ( Stock Replacement)

High Ouput alternator (undecided which company or Amperage.)

Posted

Well I have a 9.8 cube box in my truck right now but it's completely sealed. I was thinking of putting a port in it. What should my port be sized at for 28 or 29 hz. Not port length but the height. I want the port width something around 6 wide. I just don't know how tall I should make it for the right port area.

<p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone

Posted

Well I have a 9.8 cube box in my truck right now but it's completely sealed. I was thinking of putting a port in it. What should my port be sized at for 28 or 29 hz. Not port length but the height. I want the port width something around 6 wide. I just don't know how tall I should make it for the right port area.

all Depends on on what your looking to achieve... generally the rule of thumb with a square port is 16-17 sq inches of port area per cubic foot of box. with a box that big, you want like an 155 sq inches of port

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

2 sets of Rockford Fosgate P1683's

Fi Audio Q 18" D2 ( Currently Own)

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

All SHCA Wires and stuff...

XS Power 4800 ( Stock Replacement)

High Ouput alternator (undecided which company or Amperage.)

Posted

Okay so what would be a good size port for lows in your opinion?

<p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone

Posted

Well I have a 9.8 cube box in my truck right now but it's completely sealed. I was thinking of putting a port in it. What should my port be sized at for 28 or 29 hz. Not port length but the height. I want the port width something around 6 wide. I just don't know how tall I should make it for the right port area.

There you go, that's why you are not getting the lows, the box size in sealed will not help you too much once part the max recommended size.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3123 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...