Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

quick question about sundown x 10''


tmac93

Recommended Posts

Posted

ordered a sundown x 10'' to replace my orion hcca 10''. im hoping to just be able to swap the subs out and use the current box I have. its a sort of trunk wall with a baffle sealing the trunk from the cabin. i did not like the hcca because of not being able to sound very good tuned low. that sub was more of an spl sub with meanings of being tuned higher, wasn't what I was looking for. so found what I believe will satisfy my taste for lows. just hoping it will work out in the box I currently have. im afraid box may be tuned too high? or will it be ok at 34 and play well under tuning?

sub box is 1.5cuft, tuned to 34hz, 33sqin of port.

this is the information I have on the x 10 d2 if it helps

(fs) 27.9hz

(re) 3.63 ohms

(qes) 0.43

(qms) 4.7

(gts) 0.39

(le) 4.11mh

the rest I dont think is needed

Posted

ordered a sundown x 10'' to replace my orion hcca 10''. im hoping to just be able to swap the subs out and use the current box I have. its a sort of trunk wall with a baffle sealing the trunk from the cabin. i did not like the hcca because of not being able to sound very good tuned low. that sub was more of an spl sub with meanings of being tuned higher, wasn't what I was looking for. so found what I believe will satisfy my taste for lows. just hoping it will work out in the box I currently have. im afraid box may be tuned too high? or will it be ok at 34 and play well under tuning?

sub box is 1.5cuft, tuned to 34hz, 33sqin of port.

this is the information I have on the x 10 d2 if it helps

(fs) 27.9hz

(re) 3.63 ohms

(qes) 0.43

(qms) 4.7

(gts) 0.39

(le) 4.11mh

the rest I dont think is needed

no such thing as a trunk wall.

As for your sub, i would make a new box. Your sundown sub has different soft parts so it might not work as well as it could.

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3126 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...