Second Skin Audio

Help with box for DC LvL 3 15

lowrhadur

Would someone be willing to help me out with a custom box?

space is not an issue.

will be in a yukon.

i can build it no problem but haven't a clue on ports or tuning etc...

single 15" DC LvL 3 15d2

i listen to a mixture of music from rap to rock to country

looking to get a deeper sound than my current kicker cvr 15

Its just not doing it for me.

any help is appreciated. thanks in advance

So here is a suggestion, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 3 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide:

1dcl3.jpg

18supb_zps18fd5e15.jpg

This will get reasonably low but maybe the specs of the box in which your cvr sub was on were wrong for the application and that be the reason it didn't perform as expected.

So here is a suggestion, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 3 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide:

1dcl3.jpg

18supb_zps18fd5e15.jpg

This will get reasonably low but maybe the specs of the box in which your cvr sub was on were wrong for the application and that be the reason it didn't perform as expected.

Wow, thanks a million

I've been playing around with some designs but have no idea or tuning and porting.

6months or so from now I plan on adding another DC 15.

I have a width of 49" available for a dual chamber box.

Wouldn't it be better to keep each chamber around 3cu ft?

Could you help me out with that as well?

I am aware that the stock spec is 3.0 but it's more efficient in 3.5 specially necessary if you are underpowering (no bad side effects unless you overpowered heavily).

To tell you if the above or something like it with similar specs work for you I would need to know the specs of your previous box, kicker should get low.

if you plan on getting another DC 15 id just hold off on making a box for a single 15" but that Joe X dude has got his sh1t down! :)

Black 1997 Honda Accord coupe 5 speed manual
Big three upgrade
all kicker 0 gauge wire
180 amp H/O DC power alternator
2 kinetik HC 1800's
Alpine iXA-W404 (FOR SALE!!)
2 Rockford Fosgate T1 D4 12's wired to 2 ohms (FOR SALE!!)
T1500-1 BDCP subwoofer amp pushing 1760 watts at 2 ohms @ 14.4 volts (FOR SALE!!)

(All items for sale have original boxes and birth sheet for the amp)
boss 6x9's 350 watts rms (maybe upgrading, want to put an amp to em and see what they can really do)
pioneer 6.5" component front speakers (upgrading soon)
no amp for the mids and highs yet...
Dynamated the whole trunk, doors next

Just got the SKAR Audio SK-4500.1D today!!! redoing the whole system! all in good time fellow bass heads :P

Have been playing around with sketchup and the12volt.com learning about everything.

here is what i have come up with if someone could check it out and give me opinions that would be great.

external dimensions

20 1/4 tall

49" wide

18" deep

bottom board 49" x 18"

back board 49" x 18"

Left side 17 1/4 x 18"

Right side 17 1/4 x 18"

Center divider 17 1/4 x 18

2.5" wide port assembly

14" x 18" and 5.5" x 18" per chamber

front board 42.5" x 18"

49 x 18" top board doubled with subs firing (which i personally dont like... what difference would it make if i faced them out with the ports?)

This is the first box i've ever tried to build / tune.

if my numbers are right and i understand things correctly this should be 34hz with 3.5 cu. ft. per chamber

this will allow me to just build the right box first time and be able to jam the single 15 until i can get another.

I am aware that the stock spec is 3.0 but it's more efficient in 3.5 specially necessary if you are underpowering (no bad side effects unless you overpowered heavily).

To tell you if the above or something like it with similar specs work for you I would need to know the specs of your previous box, kicker should get low.

specs on current box are as follows

3/4" mdf

31" wide

16 3/4 tall

17.5 deep

port is 3" x 20"

Archived