DD-1 with factory HU & factory amp....

Really? Shall i say you are dead wrong?

I have a '14 chevy equinox that came with pioneer sound system. Yes, there is a special wire that goes from head unit to factory amp (it's the wire that contains all the wires for each speaker). I know that cause well, we spliced that sumbitch open. So splice yours open and you should see about 8 wires. As far as the warnings? Go to your dealer and get the schematics or whatnot and find out which wire those warnings are. Again, think I'm kidding? All of mine are coming from my front right speaker. My car is too new that "dealer's don't have that information yet" or something. I keep bugging em every week.

I have a 360.3. Here's what I've found out. Factory head units? Don't have a clean signal. I mean my max volume is 45. My max volume with no distortion is around 25. If you go to say 30, sending a distorted signal to an amplifier. What's that doing? Amplifying a dirty signal. Which is then being sent to a processor (mine's .3, yours is .2). Idk about the .2 but the .3? Detects the dirty signal and actually mutes the music until it finds it clean again. Then you're sending that to another amplifier (mids or subs). Why not just bypass that first amp, have your 360 do what it does and send it to the amp?

Sheena = pedobear

I'd look for a conversion harness adapter before I did any splicing.

Just saying

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I didn't mean cut it like in half. i just mean cut the outer "shell" to look inside. see if i'm wrong.

and that wire? is something similar to this

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/pictures_new.php?id=42095&picture_id=-1

just may be a little thicker, different color, etc. But it's 1 wire that contains wires inside. Essentially like 1/0 except rather than all those strands of copper, it's other wires. Lol.

Sheena = pedobear

around :23 and :44 is where it does it. almost like a skip. cept that's usb...and that song doesn't skip. re-wired it how i said and hey look at that, 0 issues.

ain't tryin to get you to re-wire it. I mean if it works for you how it is? so be it. But i had it wired like that, and that's the issue I had. problem was the factory amp.

As far as the dd-1 and such? I can be wrong, maybe am. But you're supposed to detect essentially, right at the head unit. Can't if there's that factory amp there. Because not detecting what the head unit is giving, detecting what that amp is giving. And if you re-wire it or get that harness, probably still have those issues as far as the distortion light. I've had headaches in the past from it. If he comes on, Wicks can testify from that lol. But, that's a headache for maybe tomorrow.

Sheena = pedobear

Oh I wouldn't just cut it in half, i would just slice into the outer jacket, and yes it does remind me of that pic from the sonic link. If I can find the wiring harness, I will look into that as well. As for as rewiring everything, if it means not having a dirty signal, then I will do that, better to be safe than sorry, especially with the price of new subs these days!

Archived