Sundown Audio

Gain location?

WastedTalent

So this is a bit of a "hearsay" and was hoping those who know or have ability to test (Meade, D'amore, Snafu, etc) could let us know the results? Fill us in on the truth?

First, just want to say everyone's situation is different, but here's mine. Factory head unit running to a RF 360.3, to DC 175.4 and DC 2k.

What would the best, most bang for your buck, setting be as far as gain? With the 360, you have the adjustable gain. Would it be "best" to have the gain set high on the 360 and low on the amps? Low on the 360 and high on the amps? Or middle grounds on both?

Obviously, everything will vary car by car, situation by situation. But, what is "best"?

Also, have a dd1+, not asking how to set gains. I'm looking for the most efficient way to go about it. The "proper" way, if there so called is one.

I would think higher gain on the 360, lower on the amp cause otherwise, why else would you go for a 4v preout headunit rather than a 2v? But, that's my opinion, love to hear Meade, D'amore and Snafu chime in on this. Especially if could test it, see if there's any efficiency difference in the different ways.

Sheena = pedobear

Imo, hook the dd1 up at the back turn head unit up just before clipping.then the gain on the 360 up until clipping. Last but not least the amps. Just work your way down the chain from front to back.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived