Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

4 sundown x 18 box help


robby512

Recommended Posts

Posted

They recommended 30 Hz as a daily, music listening tune. That's not an SPL oriented sub and is intended for the lowest of the lows and to stay incredibly linear through stroke. It isn't known to have giant bandwidth, not saying it can't, only that it is intended to stay linear with tha suspension and surround.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

sundown rec's 5.5 cubes per sub but when I put it all into winisd between a 30 cube box and a 20 cube box. there isn't much change maybe 1 db threw all so how accurate is winisd to follow? and what should I be aiming for with group delay? and what if I miss and how much can I miss by? and how do I decide to use a smaller box on there website they say the box can be about anything they are not picky how do decide how much port area?

Posted

If your vehicle is am anechoic chamber that is 10X10X10', you're perfect. That's what WinISD models for. Cabin gain will completely change your response, making modeling pretty damn useless.

I didn't run your numbers or check your work with your enclosure. I THINK you're in the right path but without checking your work, I don't know your exact specs and if they'll work or not.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Ok hmm so how do I figure exactly to my 05 f150 cabin gain? And how is sundown able to tell me 5.5 cubes without even asking my vehicle. And how do I find a program that can take cabin into consideration. I seem to be learning a little here and it all seems like its simple math when you have all these different calculators to use.

I just want To make this system as perfect as possible not just sound but function not slamming against my seat clean I want to do a reall deal Holyfield build.

Posted

I can't help with you with all of this man. You just have to BUILD to figure it out. Sundown can recommend what a subwoofer needs because they've had a chance to do real world testing.

All the math in the world isn't going to substitute for building in your vehicle and figuring out what it likes. Just design an enclosure to the best of your ability and see how it goes. See what you like, what you don't like. What you're asking for, no one can help you with since there is no substitute for building.

Some modelimg programs can add in cabin gain features, like WinISD I believe. You need to obtain this from sweeps done in the vehicle to know where your response curve is though.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Thank you that was the most help I think anyone could of given. There is no perfect it is just build and build and build and build more and find what is the best I see thanks that answers it

Posted

Alright so next question Im redoing the box to MY ideas and specs just follow there ideas somewhat. Trial and error. Ok so I'm going with inner dimensions of

52.25L X 40.25 height X 21.50 D = 26.16 so I want to aim for 14 sq in of port per cube so I would need a total port area of 366.24 sq in of port that seems a bit much?

That be a port that is 9 x 41

So questions do I take the cubic feet before subtracting the cubic feet the port take up or do I do it off total or do I need to subtract the port displacment?

When figuring out the total port area the 9 x 41 do I take inner dimensions so 40.25 or 41 which is total height

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6316 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...