Mr Bigolsworth Posted August 8, 2014 Report Posted August 8, 2014 I've asked for help before on box designs and looking to do two sa-8 16.5 high and 36.5 wide. I'd like to do a slotted port along the bottom so I can do a plexi glass cut out in the back. 2002 chevy avalanche Currently have: 2 dc xl 18 set of T2652-s scv-6k Ct sounds 75.4 270a mechman xp3000 d3400 Wanted: saz 200.4 Second set of T2652-s D3100's deadner
Cj Kumz Posted August 8, 2014 Report Posted August 8, 2014 How much power are you running, what car and what is you max depth?? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Joe X Posted August 8, 2014 Report Posted August 8, 2014 Due to the relatively large port area and the small net volume those subs need, port needs to be very long, to give you an idea this is how you could do a plexi window on the back without the port getting in the way, the following is for one sub but you get the idea, you would do a double layer baffle rather the bracing shown so that it looks nice inside:
Mr Bigolsworth Posted August 8, 2014 Author Report Posted August 8, 2014 Could I use that same box idea to make a single box for a x-12? That's 36.5 wide, 16.5 tall and 10.5 deep? You made me a box that size for a single sa-12 that's 2.1ft^3 at 33hz and is awesome. Still using it just want to use a different sub set up and nicer looking to keep the size size box or smaller. 2002 chevy avalanche Currently have: 2 dc xl 18 set of T2652-s scv-6k Ct sounds 75.4 270a mechman xp3000 d3400 Wanted: saz 200.4 Second set of T2652-s D3100's deadner
Joe X Posted August 8, 2014 Report Posted August 8, 2014 If anything a X-12 would need a larger box so be aware of that, also, do you have a link for that old sa-12 box?
Mr Bigolsworth Posted August 9, 2014 Author Report Posted August 9, 2014 Here's the link. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167555-box-design-help/ I said x series. I ment z v3 12. Sundown audio recommends the same ported cubic feet as the sa-12. So what I'm curious is. If we moved the port into the zig zag instead of the L shape is could I do the plexi glass back and have enough mounting depth. Abviously I would double the front so that would help with mounting depth. 2002 chevy avalanche Currently have: 2 dc xl 18 set of T2652-s scv-6k Ct sounds 75.4 270a mechman xp3000 d3400 Wanted: saz 200.4 Second set of T2652-s D3100's deadner
Mr Bigolsworth Posted August 9, 2014 Author Report Posted August 9, 2014 Here's the link. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167555-box-design-help/ I said x series. I ment z v3 12. Sundown audio recommends the same ported cubic feet as the sa-12. So what I'm curious is. If we moved the port into the zig zag instead of the L shape is could I do the plexi glass back and have enough mounting depth. Abviously I would double the front so that would help with mounting depth. 2002 chevy avalanche Currently have: 2 dc xl 18 set of T2652-s scv-6k Ct sounds 75.4 270a mechman xp3000 d3400 Wanted: saz 200.4 Second set of T2652-s D3100's deadner
Joe X Posted August 9, 2014 Report Posted August 9, 2014 Ok, bear in mind that the Z.v3 is not a SA series, sound different, if you are sure you want it, you could get it and try it out on your current enclosure and see if you like it, the other thing is that you are a numbers kind of guy like your sig suggests you may not get best port efficiency from a folded slot port like in the sketch posted above.
Mr Bigolsworth Posted August 9, 2014 Author Report Posted August 9, 2014 I'm looking for a good 12 that I can put 1500watt rms on and be louder then my current sa-12 on 4ohms but still same box size to keep my trunk But is a daily driver. A good ground pounder. Not so much number chase but something that's impressive for a single 12. I mean people were impressed before on my sa-12 on 1100-1200 watts and I'm looking at upping my power and pushing more air. I'm thinking of a big system in my avalanche in a later time. If you think I could fit a z v3 15 in my trunk I could try and find max dim that I can fit in my trunk. My car has a stupid small opening. But I can't physically fit two sa-12 in there. 4.5 cubic feet is to much to give up. If you think the x would be better then the z at ground pounding let me know. Max depth I can go is 11.25. It took the old box and doubled the front 11.25 and it barely fits. I could single the front and fiber glass the inside for added strength and go to 11.25 for more volume 2002 chevy avalanche Currently have: 2 dc xl 18 set of T2652-s scv-6k Ct sounds 75.4 270a mechman xp3000 d3400 Wanted: saz 200.4 Second set of T2652-s D3100's deadner
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.