Sundown Neo Pro 6.5 v2's

2 Saz-3500v2- Toolmaker dual 1/0 inputs

2 Sundown ZV4 12" D1

1/0 Sky High Power wire OFC

3 XS D3100- Toolmaker battery terminals

Mechman 320 Amp Alt

Smd Voltmeter

KnuKoncept 1/0 OFC

Correct. It's simply too heavy for me to even consider shipping it with the 18" 6-spoke frame.

I have already advised everyone with even an NS v.3 18" to brace the motor.

I've started tooling on our 18" frame... so perhaps by years or first of 2015 we'll have some.

Edited by sundownz

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

So I have some ermagerd 18s and they have TI baskets and psi recones obviously I should brace the motor some how? Sorry its not a sundown product but I do have 4 zv3 15s in my truck and love them :).

21c7dfb9-42d1-4368-b17b-5c4122ea726e.jpg

current score-156.6 sealed on the dash

4 ZV3 15s

1 AB 1100.1

LOL. Buy one, put a 50hz sine wave into it at 5000W clamped and let me know how that 5KW power handling plays out for me.... and LMK how the warranty claim goes for you.

What's this all about?

It's about OP insinuating that these woofers will handle 5KW of continuous power.

If you're going to hate on a product, why even comment on the thread....?

I'm sure it's a badass woofer, I saw the prototype coil in person this winter but you simply can't put that much heat into a 4" coil without failure. 5000W is like every burner plus the oven on full tilt on your electric stove.

^I'm pretty sure this thread, or forum for that matter, isn't a place to to troll. And btw, sundown rocks!

God, you kids are sensitive.

LOL. Buy one, put a 50hz sine wave into it at 5000W clamped and let me know how that 5KW power handling plays out for me.... and LMK how the warranty claim goes for you.

I'm sure the Team Sundown will be fine on 5kw...free air.

Cool, buy the sub, buy a big amp, clamp 5K and take a video. I'm sure a recone won't cost more than 300$ if you're wrong.

All the Sundown woofers I've kept up with are rated at pretty much retard-proof continuous power. That's actually one of the biggest things I like about the way they market, it's honest, and likely saves them a lot of trouble... basically they know if you break a woofer you were abusing it because they're virtually indestructible within their rated limits.

Some companies may rate their 4" coil woofers at 5KW, and I'm sure you all know a guy who has a youtube video of himself running a 5K (or 7K) amp to these subs playing music. This should not be confused with 5KW continuous thermal power handling, it just ain't so and I'm going to wager that Jacob will put a true indestructible power rating on them. If Jacob comes back here and publishes that as his rated power handling and is warrantying that won't question it, but OP throwing out 5KW I'm calling bullshit.

Dont care what you have to say about 5k rms to the sub. What EMF told me. Not sure why you bother replying here. You have no info on the sub so keep it to yourself. As I was asking sundown anyways to make sure what EMF told me is right.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

05 dodge magnum rt

DEH-80PRS

Rockford fosgate T600.4

st200 tweeters

Sundown Neo Pro 6.5 v2's

2 Saz-3500v2- Toolmaker dual 1/0 inputs

2 Sundown ZV4 12" D1

1/0 Sky High Power wire OFC

3 XS D3100- Toolmaker battery terminals

Mechman 320 Amp Alt

Smd Voltmeter