Second Skin Audio

Mayhem 18 enclosure

goingbigsoon

My 2 12s are on the way out. Voice coils on one reads 40k the other sub reads 16k. I said fuck it.

I ordered one of the eight subs going in my hummer. AA Mayhem 18! Dual 1 ohm. However... I have not ordered any of the new amps yet.

Right now I have a fosgate power 1k (does close to 1200). The plan is to either run 4 crescendo BC5500 or 4 DC5ks. 2 subs per amp at 1ohm each.

Electrical currently consists of a 270 amp alt, d3400 under hood, xp3000 in the back. All 0 gauge wire and big 3 in 0 gauge.

I need help with an enclosure design for one mayhem 18 on the fosgate 1k. Back seats are already taken out.

I mainly listen to techno/pop/dubstep

I'm looking to learn. I don't know really where to start with a box this big. I made my 12s box with Torres calculator, but I can't even find a working download link to that anymore.

How much port is needed for a mayhem? Will 6 cubes (after displacement) be enough?

Any advice would be cool.

My advice, although I don't think you're going to like it, is to slow down a little. Trust me I jumped right in and when from xplods to a level six. It was a kick in the pants. Take your time, and this will turn out to be a badass build. Btw good choice in subs.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Archived