goingbigsoon Posted August 10, 2014 Report Posted August 10, 2014 My 2 12s are on the way out. Voice coils on one reads 40k the other sub reads 16k. I said fuck it. I ordered one of the eight subs going in my hummer. AA Mayhem 18! Dual 1 ohm. However... I have not ordered any of the new amps yet. Right now I have a fosgate power 1k (does close to 1200). The plan is to either run 4 crescendo BC5500 or 4 DC5ks. 2 subs per amp at 1ohm each. Electrical currently consists of a 270 amp alt, d3400 under hood, xp3000 in the back. All 0 gauge wire and big 3 in 0 gauge. I need help with an enclosure design for one mayhem 18 on the fosgate 1k. Back seats are already taken out. I mainly listen to techno/pop/dubstep
twisted1 Posted August 11, 2014 Report Posted August 11, 2014 You wanna do this monster ass build but can't even come up with a box for 1 18? 09 mustang gt
DylanBunch Posted August 11, 2014 Report Posted August 11, 2014 You wanna do this monster ass build but can't even come up with a box for 1 18?Lololol 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
goingbigsoon Posted August 11, 2014 Author Report Posted August 11, 2014 I'm looking to learn. I don't know really where to start with a box this big. I made my 12s box with Torres calculator, but I can't even find a working download link to that anymore. How much port is needed for a mayhem? Will 6 cubes (after displacement) be enough? Any advice would be cool.
Guest Posted August 11, 2014 Report Posted August 11, 2014 Any advice would be cool. DC 5k > crescendo
Tecomah Posted August 12, 2014 Report Posted August 12, 2014 My advice, although I don't think you're going to like it, is to slow down a little. Trust me I jumped right in and when from xplods to a level six. It was a kick in the pants. Take your time, and this will turn out to be a badass build. Btw good choice in subs. 750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY Team Subsonic Lows
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.