Astromenda search malware

So my girlfriends laptop got this hijacker malware called astromenda search and I'm going to be attempting to remove it all tomorrow but I hear it's a real pain in the ass. Is it possible to format or restore the computer to restore it back to stock removing any downloaded files that weren't original from the factory or am i SOL and hope I can find and delete everything? I plan on using malware bytes and a few other programs to clean everything up but I am just wondering as a worst case scenario of those programs don't work.

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

Forget what i installed a few days ago and seen it on mine without knowing exactly what it was until now, and glad i seen your post as i was having problems with chrome.

I found this after seeing this post and did everything they have listed and removed all the stuff without any fuss in just about 15 minutes.

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/astromenda-removal/

Hope that helps with getting rid of it for anyone coming across it.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Forget what i installed a few days ago and seen it on mine without knowing exactly what it was until now, and glad i seen your post as i was having problems with chrome.

I found this after seeing this post and did everything they have listed and removed all the stuff without any fuss in just about 15 minutes.

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/astromenda-removal/

Hope that helps with getting rid of it for anyone coming across it.

Awesome! Thanks man glad to hear you had good results. My girlfriend was having issues downloading malware bytes when I was trying to walk her through it over the phone because she was impatient so I'll have to do it and will post my results as well.

If that doesn't work then try restoring to the oldest point system restore will go to and try that to see if you can get those to work.

Might want to try malwarebytes first if you can get it to run.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I found some more shit on the computer. There was also something called the penny bee virus among a dozen other programs that were hijacking this thing. Once I got rid of those it finally allowed me to download the programs required.

Every time i run malwarebytes i get the popup saying that astromenda was still around, after googling (C:/Users/name/appdata/local/google/chrome/user data/default/preferences) I came across a site with some help. It kept a copy of the site in google chromes preferences that needs to be removed so malwarebytes doesn't see it anymore, it is post #5 on how to remove it.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/147138-pupoptionalconduita-in-google-chrome/#entry846904

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived