Sundown X-12 in girlfriend's 2010 Jeep Liberty

Looks like a great build, any snipes of the vehicle?

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Nice work on the Kerfing. Box is looking good

Looks like a great build, any snipes of the vehicle?

Thanks guys! Got the box finished up for now, and have it in and playing in my truck to get a feel of how the sub likes the box.

Started the day off sanding all of the diluted glue sides and prepped the rest of the box for primer.

20140817_154352_zps3a025eaf.jpg

20140817_154902_zpsd6682866.jpg

Boss got the mower stuck trying to save time from weed eating. So I had to pull him out with my Blazer. lol

20140817_164234_zps304db6bb.jpg

And back to the painting... Unfortunately I forgot to snap some pictures of the primer stage. Basically, laid two coats of primer, sand, two coats of primer, sand, and another coat of primer, then sanded smooth one last time. Then followed with a couple coats of green.

20140817_183324_zpsa832b47a.jpg

20140817_173746_zpse24d8fed.jpg

After about eight coats of green and sanding between coats, I gotta say I wasn't too impressed. Not exactly the results I was looking for, but the whole project was a little bit of a learning experience as far as painting mdf goes. Anyway, decided to paint the port black.

20140817_192852_zps2b5cd146.jpg

20140817_193531_zpsede7d575.jpg

And a couple more pictures of the box while drying.

20140817_194013_zps24087991.jpg

20140817_201400_zps1391938c.jpg

20140817_201413_zps4dae734d.jpg

The color is a little bright in comparison to her Jeep but should be fine for now. If she decides she wants to go with a different color in the future, i'm just gonna pull the box, coat the whole thing in bondo, and use a different paint. Or if it bothers me enough, i'll just do it anyway. lol

IMG_4980178891096_zps3207fce4.jpg

Knowing her, she's just going to be excited regardless and tell me she doesn't care and that it looks fine. Anyway, ended up mounting the amplifier to the back of the enclosure so it wasn't taking up any more space in her little cargo area. With the orientation of the port in the enclosure it adds considerable strength to the front and back of the box so I don't feel that vibrations are going to be that big of an issue until I can grab a few rubber washers to put between the mounting feet and the box. And here's how I did the terminations inside and out of the enclosure.

20140817_213415_zps33857553.jpg

20140817_211343_zps0b925d5e.jpg

Aaaaaaand finally hooked up in my Blazer for the time being. :)

20140817_215825_zps1d62c766.jpg

First impressions for the maybe 60 seconds of playtime i've been able to give it... This thing loves the lows, playing down into the mid to low 20's with no issue. I have the subsonic at 20Hz but may bump it up to 30ish when it gets moved over into her Jeep. The ear-o-meter has me in the 140-142 range up at my cabin peak. (40-42hz) I'll be doing a bit of playing with it tomorrow to see what it likes. I'd of did more testing tonight but it was 11:00 p.m. by the time I got everything hooked up and I live in town and i'm not an asshole. :P

All in all i'm glad I got it finished up for the time being. Currently we are trying to find a head unit for her and then get ahold of some wire and she should be good to go. Going from a 2000 Dodge Neon to her new 2010 Jeep Liberty she's being a picky butthead about head units and will only get a double-din with navigation. I found a Kenwood we can get at the shop for a good price, she just needs to download the Garmin app on her iPhone and she can run the navigation through the screen with the lightening cable. This should save us about $400.00 from buying one with built in navigation. As far as wiring goes, my buddy has a Knukoncepts 1/0 CCA kit I sold him a while ago I might pick up from him. May pull a run of Rockford 1/0 OFC from the Cavalier and use that for power and just use the CCA for her big three. We shall see.

Her birthday is this Thursday and both of our fall semester's at school start the following week so i'll be giving updates as we go.

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

The best rattle can stuff I've found is the Krylon that allows you to have a flat spray line, like a fan. That way you can properly overlay your coats to blend out. The other spray that I like is the Rustoleum premium stuff. It's got a built in trigger and the spray that comes out isn't round, like I'm guessing the stream was when you painted yours with the Valspar.

I love that color, absolutely love it. Those paint likes will not go away though, not even over time.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Its hard to see how well those edges turned out with the diluted glue, but it looks like it did it's job. I for one always use oil based sealant primer, just something to consider for next time.

Looks good though!

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

The best rattle can stuff I've found is the Krylon...flat spray line, like a fan. That way you can properly overlay your coats to blend out...Rustoleum premium stuff. It's got a built in trigger and the spray that comes out isn't round...

I think that definitely would have made a big difference. Trying to blend the round spray was a huge pain. I had been using a roller on display panels at work and was having a lot of trouble getting it to lay flat. So I was almost considering rolling the paint on next time, sanding it flat, then hitting it with a can for the final few coats.

Its hard to see how well those edges turned out with the diluted glue, but it looks like it did it's job. I for one always use oil based sealant primer, just something to consider for next time.

Looks good though!

The edges definitely turned out better than the sides, they actually look awesome in person and they blended perfect. The sides were the issue with striping, and as CleanSierra pointed out, its probably from the round spray coming from the can.

Archived