Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Box design help.


Nocturnus

Recommended Posts

Posted

Thats way better now lol. With that space you getting 8 cubes gross volume. You could get away with subs up port up. Aero ports would be best so you save even more on space.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

I personally don't like to go less than 48 in2 for a 15. So I think 96 in2 for both subs sounds ok to me.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

After all this, I really have 39:" across and not 33". No idea why I thought 33.

So now I got like 39 across, 17-10 tall and deepest i can go is ~27 on the bottom and 24 on the top.

What hatch, amplifier and and subwoofer models are you going to end up using?

Posted

That truly is a thin port that you have there, JL Audio design directives recommend no more than 9:1 area ratio and you have a 15:1 !!, you will find that most slot ports (that is with common walls) are made 4:1 to 7:1, the lower the better. Or use round ports.

Posted

Yes it would be 6 for two but for those subs work much better in larger boxes specially if wanting the lows, if you don't have the space go with other subs.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4755 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...